• Fun Series Event - Assetto Corsa '67 F1 at Fuji

Join us on Monday October 9th for a Fun Series event featuring the '67 F1 cars of Assetto Corsa at Fuji '68

You'll need one DLC pack for this event: the Ferrari comes with the new Ferrari 70th Anniversary pack. The Lotus 49 is included with AC.

This event will be standing start. AC allows gear selection before the green, but be aware that it also allows (and penalizes) false starts! So don't go before the green!

We will run 1x fuel, with a mandatory pit stop. The pit window is open for the entire race. You must take at least 1 liter of fuel during your stop, but tire changes are optional.

The server is set for 2 minutes between the Qualifying session expiring and the start of the race. Be sure to check the remaining time when the session advances so as not to get caught out.

The Orange Zone for this event will be through the final corner onto the main straight! These cars are tricky and so is the track- please be careful on the opening lap!

Race Schedule
    Practice: 8-8:45 p.m. Central Time (US) - 45 min
    Qualify: 8:45-9:00 p.m. Central Time (US) 15 min
    Warmup: 9:00-9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 60 min

Note that AC (finally) supports timed races, so the lap count will not be pre-determined.

Download the track here.

Password and server connection information here

Join us on Teamspeak for voice chat. Connection information here

All CMS Rules and Regulations are in affect for this event.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Fun Series Event - Assetto Corsa '67 F1 at Fuji started by Hutch View original post
    Comments 77 Comments
      four_to_two -
      Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
      They both redline too soon I think (default), so I'll probably want to try talling them up (or maybe just 5th gear). Seems to me you might carry a bit more speed down into the first drop. Also wondering what causes the car to turn violently right after the second drop (sometimes into that fence), and I'm thinking one or both might be bottoming out the way you sometimes did back in GPL starting up out of the foxhole at Nurburgring*.

[* ...resulting in a sharp left pivot and partial climb onto the bank before hurtling backward (or upside down and backward) into the >>>INSERT YOUR NAME HERE<<< Memorial Pine tree. Ah, those were the days...].

I'm driving rF2 917K's around !SR4L! Osterreichring at the moment, but if the AC/Fuji server goes up in the next hour or two I'll try to jump on for more.
      I just jumped in the room. it looks like it's back up. if you want to join, jump in.
      AngeloRacer -
      AC server usually is called CMS Historics. Capital letters, also they usually dont go the same order as normal letters.
      Christopher Snow -
      Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
      AC server usually is called CMS Historics. Capital letters, also they usually dont go the same order as normal letters.
      Got on with Joseph. He's faster, smoother and much safer than I am. But some of the changes started making sense near the end and the feel got a bit better. Going to want more centering spring in the wheel, and to try to make it feel a bit more rF2-like if I can.

I'll try and get on again this week (US evenings). Cu out there.....
      Christopher Snow -
      Got on with Joseph. He's faster, smoother and much safer than I am. But some of the changes started making sense near the end and the feel got a bit better. Going to want more centering spring in the wheel, and to try to make it feel a bit more rF2-like if I can.

I'll try and get on again this week (US evenings). Cu out there.....
      35kg on the race server made the Lotus very difficult--it's a lot easier without the weight (duh!), and I wonder if anyone knows how I can test WITH the weight while practicing alone (?). If it's there, I'm missing it....

On the "optimal grip" layout (hotlapping practice) I managed a 1:42.74 in the Lotus (no extra weight), but I suspect I'm wasting time to some degree if it'll be raced a lot heavier. So...maybe back to the Ferrari for a while, since it will stay largely the same.
      AngeloRacer -
      Best I can do with a lot of effort is 45.2....lol.
      Not much time to practice though. I will be happy if I can be there after all.
      Christopher Snow -
      Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
      Best I can do with a lot of effort is 45.2....lol.
      Not much time to practice though. I will be happy if I can be there after all.
      Well, I don't think either default setup is very good, truth be told--they both want to kill you. The Ferrari default setup is just more dangerous. But both of them are dangerous...lol!

[More precisely: I don't think either default setup is good for Fuji--they might be a lot better at a smoother track, but are diabolical over these bumps]

1:42.9x Ferrari (same conditions as with the Lotus), and I've set both cars up more like one another. I'm not at all convinced right now that the default Lotus is that much better, either, and my current laptimes reflect it.

Ferrari might be a bit smoother in the power band too...and I love the growl.
      Christopher Snow -
      Quitting here until tomorrow: Lotus @ 1:42.739, Ferrari @ 1:42.734. No weight added to either car.

For the moment, call me unconvinced as to the need for any handicapping adjustment.

Further updates as events warrant...film at eleven....
      Rhino -
      I would much prefer your position of finding one second - I think I am needing to find 4-5 with times down in the 42/43 range...
      Rhino -
      Quitting here until tomorrow: Lotus @ 1:42.739, Ferrari @ 1:42.734. No weight added to either car.

For the moment, call me unconvinced as to the need for any handicapping adjustment.

Further updates as events warrant...film at eleven....
      And the unfortunate problem of not being able to practice with the extra ballast easily unless you are on a server makes it likely most will opt for the Ferrari if they have practice limitations. Of course looking and hearing a fleet of vintage Ferraris isn't necessarily a bad thing....
      Christopher Snow -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
      And the unfortunate problem of not being able to practice with the extra ballast easily unless you are on a server makes it likely most will opt for the Ferrari if they have practice limitations. Of course looking and hearing a fleet of vintage Ferraris isn't necessarily a bad thing....
      Yeah. Twist my arm, oh please, oh please do....
      Hzamora -
      I will race but as other I have no time to do enough practice and we have another race this Sunday, so a setup sharing will be nice, I drove both with the default setting and the best was 47s with the lotus without weight, 50 flat with the Ferrari.
      mms -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
      It's actually pretty easy to practice offline with the extra ballast, open the Ballast app (move the mouse to the right edge, scroll down, it's one of the last apps), you can set whatever ballast you want in there...
      Christopher Snow -
      Two setups in the Setup Sharing thread, both from last night.
      Rhino -
      Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
      It's actually pretty easy to practice offline with the extra ballast, open the Ballast app (move the mouse to the right edge, scroll down, it's one of the last apps), you can set whatever ballast you want in there...
      Thanks. Anyone who has seen my finishes would understand why I didn't have a handle on adding ballast...lol
      Hutch -
      I'm looking at 1:44s so far in both cars. Can really feel the weight in the Lotus, but I think it's a little more forgiving. I can't tell you how much I love that the shift knob in the cockpit vibrates with speed and RPM, what a fantastic touch.

Both cars are extremely involving, moving around like wild animals all the time. I may come to regret picking this track for a fun-run; it seemed like such a simple layout at first drive, but I forgot how Godzilla can bite! Ah well, all in keeping with the vintage atmosphere!

BTW, watch out for those orange cones, LOL, you don't want to find one of those in the middle of the track, sent me cartwheeling!
      Denis Turcotte -
      I have a problem of Checksum mismatch on both cars on the server online, any idea !! I had try the two track . I download the Ferrari this afternoon. Patch !!

P.S:i have the version of Assetto Corsa 1.15.2
      four_to_two -
      I'm getting a checksum error, too. has the server been updated to the new AC?
      Christopher Snow -
      Quote Originally Posted by four_to_two View Post
      I'm getting a checksum error, too. has the server been updated to the new AC?
      There was an update today I think, but I'm not seeing the server at all, so I can't help. Trying "CMS Historics," and "cmsracing.com," but nothing.

In the meantime, I'm driving old Spa in rF2 online on a server called "slo-racing.com BrabhamBT20." Figured it was bumpy and dangerous, and a '66 F1 car...and online.

If anyone wants to jump in there, I'll send a setup.
      Joe Miller -
      I can't join the server checksum
      Swordsman -
      It looks like it's the Ferrari and Lotus physics file that got updated (bumpstop remark in the release notes)
      Patching server....

EDIT: SERVER BACK ONLINE