• Fun Series Event - Assetto Corsa '67 F1 at Fuji

Join us on Monday October 9th for a Fun Series event featuring the '67 F1 cars of Assetto Corsa at Fuji '68

You'll need one DLC pack for this event: the Ferrari comes with the new Ferrari 70th Anniversary pack. The Lotus 49 is included with AC.

This event will be standing start. AC allows gear selection before the green, but be aware that it also allows (and penalizes) false starts! So don't go before the green!

We will run 1x fuel, with a mandatory pit stop. The pit window is open for the entire race. You must take at least 1 liter of fuel during your stop, but tire changes are optional.

The server is set for 2 minutes between the Qualifying session expiring and the start of the race. Be sure to check the remaining time when the session advances so as not to get caught out.

The Orange Zone for this event will be through the final corner onto the main straight! These cars are tricky and so is the track- please be careful on the opening lap!

Race Schedule
    Practice: 8-8:45 p.m. Central Time (US) - 45 min
    Qualify: 8:45-9:00 p.m. Central Time (US) – 15 min
    Warmup: 9:00-9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 60 min

Note that AC (finally) supports timed races, so the lap count will not be pre-determined.

Download the track here.

Password and server connection information here

Join us on Teamspeak for voice chat. Connection information here

All CMS Rules and Regulations are in affect for this event.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Fun Series Event - Assetto Corsa '67 F1 at Fuji started by Hutch View original post
    Comments 77 Comments
      AngeloRacer -
      Of course you go with Ferrari, Joseph, no way you´re taking the Lotus....

I was also on the server at the same time that Joseph and Mihaly were. I was a second faster with the Lotus compared with my personal time in the Ferrari.
      Not a big difference, but not a small one either.
      WhiskeyChaser -
      I havent tried the Lotus. The Ferrari is super fun. And this version of Fuji is great with some spots that can flat out bite you.

BTW what is a good base time?
      four_to_two -
      I was able to manage 1:43.9xx's in both the Lotus and Ferrari on the default setup.
      mms -
      Quote Originally Posted by four_to_two View Post
      I was able to manage 1:43.9xx's in both the Lotus and Ferrari on the default setup.
      That's a hell of a time with default setups. I had something around 1:45.xxx with the Ferrari, I could probably shave off 1 more second with lots of practice. For some reason I was a bit slower in the Lotus, the Ferrari felt awesome to me.

I just realized that this race is on Friday evening, which is a no-go for me
      AngeloRacer -
      Its on Monday the 9th, Mihaly.
      mms -
      Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
      Its on Monday the 9th, Mihaly.
      Wow, how did I see the 6th, must have been upside down

Mondays are better, but will probably only make the race, not the quali...
      Hutch -
      I find the Lotus to be much more stable out of the box, so I think if you're up in the air and have had some podiums before, maybe you should join me in the gentleman's agreement to drive a Ferrari. I think it will take a great setup to calm the car and equal the Lotus. It's a fun-run though, so no real worries, we should all enjoy ourselves and the experience!

My memory of GPL is that the Ferrari had a raw, untamed sound far beyond the rest of the cars. It was great fun to drive but seemed out of sync with the others because of it. This one has the same tone but is subtler in attack, I really like it.
      Hutch -
      BTW, damage is set at 70%, and we are encouraged to rejoin after a wreck. This is a fun-run on a particularly lethal car/track combination, so no worries about rejoining, we are glad to have you stick around.
      AngeloRacer -
      Anyone willing to use the Lotus anyways?
      Because looks like everybody is commiting to the Ferrari, and one of the plans for this race is to compare?
      Christopher Snow -
      Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
      Anyone willing to use the Lotus anyways?
      Because looks like everybody is commiting to the Ferrari, and one of the plans for this race is to compare?
      Not sure yet, though my inclination was to run the Lotus since my whole cockpit layout is dimensioned after it. I just bought the Ferraris last night, but then couldn't find the server to test them out, so I have no idea what laptimes I'm running. I will say it's difficult so far, and somehow I managed to goof up my cockpit position settings and can't get them back...or couldn't last night when I quit...which has made it worse.

AC has hotkeys assigned to some things, apparently, and wants you to use the mouse quite a lot. Kills some of the immersion when I'm having to use my keyboard a lot.
      WhiskeyChaser -
      A 1:45 on a default set in both cars! That is a straight kick to the gut. LOL I havent been able to crack a 47 and have turned a bunch of laps. Of course I have no idea how to set the Ferrari up. Shiaaat. Looks like I will be a back marker AGAIN!
      Phil E -
      Dang it, will be flying for work on the 9th
      Christopher Snow -
      Ok, here are some first(ish) impressions, and keep in mind my AC experience is pretty limited (only one race)--a lot of my time is spent fiddling around with controls and buttons and FF. Not much with setups yet, so I'm still in straight default with both Lotus and Ferrari.

Jim Clark was light-years better than I could ever hope to be. John Surtees...light-years better.

Jean-Pierre Sarti? Light years better, though I expect a run of similar luck (to his last run of luck at Monza) every time I drop into that huge hole in the ground.

The Lotus is a tad faster* and safer, and the Ferrari growl IS pretty glorious. Bests (straight default again, no gear changes): 1:43.16 (Lotus), 1:43.67 (Ferrari) after a few (far too few!) completed laps. Started with the Ferrari and just left the Lotus (maybe seven laps total in the latter car, and only two complete) to come here.

[* IIRC, the default gearing has the Lotus at 183 vs. Ferrari's 179, so some of it will be that]

I've also come to the conclusion that Japan is a dark and gloomy country, although I may feel a bit different once I go to "standard" instead of "economy" mode on the ol' projector lamp. Why anyone there would ever buy sunglasses is a complete head-scratcher to me.
      Christopher Snow -
      Monday AM: I hoped the server would be back up after David's maintenance work last night, but I'm not seeing it (so it must be somewhere else). Can't truly compare the cars, I don't think, until we can try them there because we need to see how the handicapping has worked out.

I did finally find out why none of the eye-position changes I was trying to make were working--it seems there are two "driving position" cameras and the changes only work on one of them (F1 key).

My mechanics forgot to tell me...yeah...that's it.
      davidan -
      Maintenance is done, and I thought I properly relaunched the AC server, but maybe I did something wrong. Perhaps one of the AC admins can take a look at it when they have a moment and make sure I launched it properly.
      Christopher Snow -
      Quote Originally Posted by davidan View Post
      Maintenance is done, and I thought I properly relaunched the AC server, but maybe I did something wrong. Perhaps one of the AC admins can take a look at it when they have a moment and make sure I launched it properly.
      Well, I'm not seeing it as cmsracing.com ...

...but maybe it's there under another name?
      four_to_two -
      Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
      Ok, here are some first(ish) impressions, and keep in mind my AC experience is pretty limited (only one race)--a lot of my time is spent fiddling around with controls and buttons and FF. Not much with setups yet, so I'm still in straight default with both Lotus and Ferrari.

Jim Clark was light-years better than I could ever hope to be. John Surtees...light-years better.

Jean-Pierre Sarti? Light years better, though I expect a run of similar luck (to his last run of luck at Monza) every time I drop into that huge hole in the ground.

The Lotus is a tad faster* and safer, and the Ferrari growl IS pretty glorious. Bests (straight default again, no gear changes): 1:43.16 (Lotus), 1:43.67 (Ferrari) after a few (far too few!) completed laps. Started with the Ferrari and just left the Lotus (maybe seven laps total in the latter car, and only two complete) to come here.

[* IIRC, the default gearing has the Lotus at 183 vs. Ferrari's 179, so some of it will be that]

I've also come to the conclusion that Japan is a dark and gloomy country, although I may feel a bit different once I go to "standard" instead of "economy" mode on the ol' projector lamp. Why anyone there would ever buy sunglasses is a complete head-scratcher to me.
      were those times on the server? or offline?
      Christopher Snow -
      were those times on the server? or offline?
      Offline (and usually off-road too...lol). As yet I haven't been onto the server, so obviously can't compare them with the applied handicap. I'll trust those who have though if they agree it evens them up.

I suppose I would add, having slept on it, that both defaults seem pretty tail-light to me, so I will want to add some push to both.
      four_to_two -
      Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
      Offline (and usually off-road too...lol). As yet I haven't been onto the server, so obviously can't compare them with the applied handicap. I'll trust those who have though if they agree it evens them up.

I suppose I would add, having slept on it, that both defaults seem pretty tail-light to me, so I will want to add some push to both.
      ahhhh, ok. I was wondering where the heck I was going to find a second. lol. it should be a close race! these cars are indeed pretty tail happy if they get away from you, but I wonder if adding some push will just make them excessively slower.
      Christopher Snow -
      ahhhh, ok. I was wondering where the heck I was going to find a second. lol. it should be a close race! these cars are indeed pretty tail happy if they get away from you, but I wonder if adding some push will just make them excessively slower.
      They both redline too soon I think (default), so I'll probably want to try talling them up (or maybe just 5th gear). Seems to me you might carry a bit more speed down into the first drop. Also wondering what causes the car to turn violently right after the second drop (sometimes into that fence), and I'm thinking one or both might be bottoming out the way you sometimes did back in GPL starting up out of the foxhole at Nurburgring*.

[* ...resulting in a sharp left pivot and partial climb onto the bank before hurtling backward (or upside down and backward) into the >>>INSERT YOUR NAME HERE<<< Memorial Pine tree. Ah, those were the days...].

I'm driving rF2 917K's around !SR4L! Osterreichring at the moment, but if the AC/Fuji server goes up in the next hour or two I'll try to jump on for more.