Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By magnar
  • 1 Post By Kinggene
  • 1 Post By bumpkin

Thread: Vodafone Rally de Portugal 2018

magnar is offline Magnar Haarstadsveen

Default Vodafone Rally de Portugal 2018

I drive this one as a carrer rally in the Skoda Fabia R5.
    It was a ok first day, i had a small mistake on the last stage of the day, i had a spin in there and lost about 10 sec so no big drama, but still annoying.

Times and standings after day one in the box
    bumpkin likes this.

Kinggene is offline Gene Hancock

Well I finished, in rally 2, 9th in WRC. Gres beat me by .88 seconds. 🤬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bumpkin likes this.

As in life......... One must Press On!

bumpkin is offline Brian Paterson

Event complete for me too, Day 1 was a complete disaster crashing out on SS2, kept it between the trees on both passes of Vieux Moulin on Day 2 only to fall foul of a tree which wasn’t there on the first pass of Mustaselka but had grown rapidly between passes!

Day 3 and two passes of Hualapai Nation II filled me with dread, I always seem to end up in high speed rolls on this one, sure enough two rolls on the final sector of the first pass left the steering at a jaunty angle and I decided that a mid stage service was required so that added a good three minutes onto the next stage which without the service would have been a pretty good time.

A couple of stalled overshoots in Kormoran produced a mediocre time then another pass of least favourite stage in the game. Once again I reshaped the roof of the Impreza, but at least no tracking or suspension damage ensued, that left the final stage where I think my grandmother would have gone faster (and she’s no longer with us) but this at least gave a finish, 5 minutes down on Gene but only one place behind in the overall standings.

All that after running a 10K today, I’m off to bed!

Times and standings in the box.
    gres likes this.