Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: New Driving GTR Simulation Seat

Kinggene is offline Gene Hancock

Default New Driving GTR Simulation Seat

So I finally after five years of dreaming about it, went ahead and purchased a $389 GTR sim seat. It is supposed to be really good and study, better than some other cheaper brands. Has anyone else drove in one or have any beta on them? Who else even has a seat? It has a single or triple screen mounting option you can get if I decide later to go with the triple screen setup
    It will work well with my G27 and I might get a hand brake to go along with it too!seat.jpg

I think it will be much more comfortable and better for me than card table with 55" flat screen or desk with 22" I have been using.
    Cheers, I will get a picture of it when it gets here March 12th

Gene
    jham, magnar, torwith and 5 others like this.

As in life......... One must Press On!

Christopher Snow is online now Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Kinggene View Post
    So I finally after five years of dreaming about it, went ahead and purchased a $389 GTR sim seat. It is supposed to be really good and study, better than some other cheaper brands. Has anyone else drove in one or have any beta on them? Who else even has a seat? It has a single or triple screen mounting option you can get if I decide later to go with the triple screen setup
    It will work well with my G27 and I might get a hand brake to go along with it too!seat.jpg

I think it will be much more comfortable and better for me than card table with 55" flat screen or desk with 22" I have been using.
    Cheers, I will get a picture of it when it gets here March 12th

Gene
    OH, yeah. Looks like a solid piece of kit, as they say. And certainly better than a card table...with ANY size screen.

FWIW, my own projector cockpit is based around a SAAB 900 (fabric) seat, laid back at quite an angle (45 degrees along the center of the back against the spine in fact) in order to model a Lotus 49/Porsche 917 laydown-type cockpit. So it follows, perhaps that my wheel is out at arms length (and I have LONG (38") arms too-Dan Gurney build). I run the same setup, therefore in my real cars (BMW 330/Porsche 911/996), with the seat WAY back and laid back both (I'm 6'3" tall even at age 57), so I have to lean back from the wheel...and I suppose I prefer to have it "out there" as opposed to "up here (in my face)."

IF you are a confirmed rally guy, you might want it a lot closer, with your arms much more relaxed and bent (NASCAR drivers seem to prefer this too), and of the three, I suspect Rally+NASCAR+current prefer the wheel closer, and with more upright seating than would sportscar/F1 guys from the late 60's, early 70's...so our group would be the odd men out.

Which suggests your seating choice (and new purchase) should be just what you want...and I hope it works out for you.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 03-04-2018 at 12:22 AM.

You probably have the best setup for you being you like it way laid back. Lol. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christopher Snow is online now Senior Community Leader

[QUOTE=Kinggene;243762]You probably have the best setup for you being you like it way laid back. Lol. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yeah, it's the best for me, my build and my...sim choices. But I also drove enough RBR back in the day too to appreciate that it was the TOUGHEST sim out there (and I still think so, all these years later). And I knew my laydown setup probably was not ideal for RBR even then too. I think even a tall rally driver would have used more upright seating (like you have just purchased), and I tried it (the SAAB seat had a tilt handwheel ) enough to appreciate that upright seating has its place too.

Today, I suspect 9 out of 10 guys would go with upright seating...and left foot braking both. Layback is for us coffin-style 60's F1 guys. Or even for sleeping....Zzzzzzzzz............................. ...........

[EDIT: I realize I also prefer my wheel a bit higher than some, which probably means I'm something of a hybrid: Layback seating, yes...but with a higher wheel too. Not right down on my thighs, anyway, and I think THAT is probably more modern after all].

I THINK I get away with this because I can still SEE over the top of the higher wheel, despite the laydown position.

If you are of more mid-range height, then I think you WOULD want the more upright seating. Because you have to see over the top of the wheel first and foremost...and seating takes second place.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 03-04-2018 at 12:53 AM.

That's my Rig !

Gesendet von meinem BBD100-1 mit Tapatalk
    magnar, Kinggene, torwith and 4 others like this.

Here is mine now, it is real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Altmaier View Post
    That's my Rig !

New Configuration:

Fanatec CSL Elite Base
    Fanatec CSL Wheel P1
    Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals
    Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit
    New sequenziell Shifter
    New Handbreak

Pics follow

magnar, torwith and GAS like this.

torwith is offline Torbjørn Withbro

Quote Originally Posted by Kinggene View Post
    Here is mine now, it is real nice.

Damn that was really nice Gene.. I am envious on that GTR..
    Kinggene and GAS like this.

Seat is super comfortable. Was in it for three hours driving multiple games yesterday.

torwith and GAS like this.

GAS
    GAS is offline Member

D7302A22-A60D-4BC8-97A1-C626262789F7.jpg
    my small simracer

direct drive wheel
    Th8a H-Shifter
    prosim analog handbreak
    fanatec pedale
    butkicker

happy driving
    Last edited by GAS; 03-13-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast