Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Kinggene
  • 3 Post By torwith
  • 1 Post By torwith
  • 1 Post By torwith

Thread: new WRC 7 is out!

Kinggene is offline Gene Hancock

Thumbs up new WRC 7 is out!

Well I think it is great!, similar to WRC 6 but better also. It has a much better feel of road and I enjoy the stages, no repeat of topography as in Dirt 4.
    I have no problem with graphics as well on high settings. I wish all games felt like this game, the feedback is awesome and they have improved the hell out of the scenery.
    Thumbs up for me!

So what do you guys think(those that have it, you must drive it to appreciate its new feel)?
    gres likes this.

As in life......... One must Press On!

torwith is offline Torbjørn Withbro

I have also a positive impression of WRC7.

+
    Many iconic stages from all around the world. Vargåsen, El Chocolate and El condor gives us simracers a good kick (or boner). El condor is so wild and fun to drive. In the downhill section its so scary...
    Nice graphics
    Handling of car is pretty good (in my opinion) after adjusting settings!
    Career is very cool climbing from 2WD to WRC
    Very much tire wear on long stages is

-
    Settings on game is VERY difficult to get right. They have added some strange slow input throttle/brake responses from stock settings. Can be adjusted :-) The wheel setting needs much fiddling to get a good/ok feeling. And if you got many toys on your simrig its a nightmare. Not all models is supported. I used a axis finder in settings to get analog handbrake to work.
    No "play area" such as Dirt 4.
    Car is like a tank. You can crash big time and still drive on :-(
    Maybe promotion from 2wd to 4wd comes to quick in career mode..

Conclusion from first hours playing WRC7
    It has all the Word rally cars. And we can drive them :-) But I think this game is much better than wrc6. I got more good feeling with this game than Dirt 4. Iconic stages and proper cars with OK handling. Graphics is good. Proper damage model is not implemented nether in Dirt 4 or WRC7
    Overall i like it. To bad I got parenting meeting this evening .. I want to play WRC 7
    Kinggene, D69-inge and gres like this.

bumpkin is offline Brian Paterson

Can only echo you guys, I like it as I expressed in the D4 thread and definitely a good improvement over 6.

Torbjorn can you share what you have done with the settings, I feel that the steering is too light and would like more feedback from it but having maximised FF in game I am thinking I may have to fiddle with the Thrustmaster CP as well?

Quote Originally Posted by bumpkin View Post
    Can only echo you guys, I like it as I expressed in the D4 thread and definitely a good improvement over 6.

Torbjorn can you share what you have done with the settings, I feel that the steering is too light and would like more feedback from it but having maximised FF in game I am thinking I may have to fiddle with the Thrustmaster CP as well?
    I got a T500
    I increased=

acceleration sensitivity
    brake sensitivity
    steering sensitivity
    max wheel angle

My T500 had way to much feedback so I had to turn down in game settings.

Just test different settings and you will find what suits you the best :-) If your steering aint powerful enough you can adjust in the control panel in windows.
    Last edited by torwith; 09-18-2017 at 01:02 PM.
    bumpkin likes this.

Hi again
    I am still enjoying this new title more and more. After I sorted out most of the weird stuff with settings i am getting addicted to this game. Epic stages Still on WRC2 cars.. just waiting to be promoted to WRC.
    Heres a little review from IRST They nails the pros and the cons..
    Kinggene likes this.

Kinggene is offline Gene Hancock

I turned down the post-processes in setting to medium and it really made a nice difference. The only thing it changed was the reflection setting, now it really is fluid feeling.
    I too think this is the best rally game ever! Not just because the physics and graphics are much improved, but that also it is the real WRC stages! Fafe is a narrow roadbed mind blowing trip!

As in life......... One must Press On!