Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Kinggene
  • 2 Post By enamelizer
  • 1 Post By enamelizer

Thread: The new Dakar 18 Video Game to arrive later this year!

Kinggene is offline Gene Hancock

Default The new Dakar 18 Video Game to arrive later this year!

It is not a dream. it is the Dakar Rally in a full blown serious simulation effort by Bigmoon Entertainment.

Imagine the league fun we can have with this baby, they plan to update every year, The game industries largest open world ever created over 15 thousand square miles, I heard at the offical announcement in November.
    It is on their Facebook page,
    https://www.facebook.com/dakarthegame/

Today, publisher Deep Silver, also known as Koch Media, announced that they have partnered with developer Bigmoon Entertainment to publish and distribute Dakar 18 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The title will be an open-world racing game based that will include multiple types of vehicles and is based on the popular annual cross-country Dakar Rally.According to the developers, the game will a “realistic simulation” of the event, and will have “one of the biggest open worlds ever made in a racing game.” Dakar 18 will also let players take control of a variety of different vehicles, including motorcycles, ATVs, cars, trucks, and SxS. There will be five different racing categories based on the vehicles listed above.It was also confirmed that all major teams, vehicles, and pilots from the Dakar Rally will be included in the game, with permission from the Amaury Sport Organisation who organizes the event. When it comes to content, the game will feature a single-player mode and both online and offline multiplayer. Paulo J. Games, a Game Director of Bigmoon Entertainment, had the following to say about Dakar 18:
    “We are proud to be partnering with A.S.O and Koch Media in order to bring a truly realistic Dakar racing experience to players worldwide. As the official developer of the project, we are sure that Dakar 18 will be the finest representation of real life Dakar in a video game.”
    Meanwhile, CEO of Koch Media Klemens Kundratitz also commented on assisting Bigmoon Entertainment with the development of the game:
    “We are delighted to work with Bigmoon Entertainment’ on this promising title and look forward to bringing all our expertise to the project. Beyond that, we look forward together to establishing the Dakar franchise in the racing community.”
    Below, you can check out the CGI announcement trailer for the game. Dakar 18 is set to launch on PC, PS4, and Xbox One sometime later this year.
    Last edited by Kinggene; 01-12-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    bumpkin, gres and Dan Wheat like this.

As in life......... One must Press On!

enamelizer is offline Aaron DeMarre

I heard a rumor that this will have stages up to an hour long requiring navigation.

Between this game, the new supercross game from Milestone, and a new MX vs ATV, this is going to be an awesome year for moto peeps.

davidan is offline David Anderson

Isn't this developer known to be bad? aka a waste of money on their previous products?

my personal motorsports blog

Looking at their portfolio, I would say this looks to be the biggest game they have developed. Looks like they have done art for the WRC games tho.

My expectations aren't very high aside from finally having a current desert rally title. I am expecting it to be rough around the edges with a driving model that sim racers will hate. When you have so many vehicle types to model, you end up with a watered down driving model. But as an huge fan of the rally, I would personally rather see a strong simulation of the rally itself over a hyper focus on the driving model.
    Kinggene and Dan Wheat like this.

Here is a round up of the info so far, who knows how accurate this is. But so far I think they are focusing on the right things if half this info is correct.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DakartheGam...mation_so_far/
    Kinggene likes this.