Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davidan

Thread: gRally Steam Early Access

davidan is offline David Anderson

Default gRally Steam Early Access

Noticed this is available for 4 bucks. What's the story? sim, arcade? wheel support? etc.

my personal motorsports blog

bumpkin is offline Brian Paterson

Supposed to be sim, claims to have support for all popular steering wheel/pedal sets and “will be highly moddable”

Problem is it has taken a loooooooong time to get here and the reviews that are up are not exactly complimentary, despite watching for a while, I think I’ll watch a while more before parting with even the paltry amount it is currently sitting at!

torwith is offline Torbjørn Withbro

I have just tested gRally for for some hours. Very unfinish product. Look very much like RBR. ONLY have two fiction cars with RWD and FWD. Many small and big bugs. But has potential. The visual is so early 2000. So The physics its only thing that can give it some kind of live. Akagi stage from RBR is in this first release. Must drive game more to get more good perspective. Handling is between RBR original and NGP physics. But difficult to judge since Grally does not got any "real cars".

Kinggene is offline Gene Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by torwith View Post
    I have just tested gRally for for some hours. Very unfinish product. Look very much like RBR. ONLY have two fiction cars with RWD and FWD. Many small and big bugs. But has potential. The visual is so early 2000. So The physics its only thing that can give it some kind of live. Akagi stage from RBR is in this first release. Must drive game more to get more good perspective. Handling is between RBR original and NGP physics. But difficult to judge since Grally does not got any "real cars".
    After tweaking settings, which are the most extensive I have seen in a Rally race game, I was able to get some nice graphics and handling changes as compared to first default layout. It does have potential. Biggest being that it will allow modders to add content making it endless in size potential. Hope it grows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As in life......... One must Press On!

davidan is offline David Anderson

I have purchased as well and been doing some testing. Still struggling to get a confident wheel, pedal and force feedback setup I like. I am using a T300 RS and Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals. I would appreciate if anyone has something they like on controller configuration to share it ... I think this has potential for sure and for less than 4 bucks it was a no brainer
    Kinggene likes this.

my personal motorsports blog

Kinggene is offline Gene Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by davidan View Post
    I have purchased as well and been doing some testing. Still struggling to get a confident wheel, pedal and force feedback setup I like. I am using a T300 RS and Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals. I would appreciate if anyone has something they like on controller configuration to share it ... I think this has potential for sure and for less than 4 bucks it was a no brainer
    Yes it is a game that is always fun to go see what is new. They have a new update couple times a week so far and I am sure eventually it will start to grow exponentially. I decided to start at low end of graphic settings to see how fast it would run and then add a few settings at a time to achieve the best balance of game play. Turning off all the post graphics helped tremendously and really just makes it look more like the RBR game, but still a lot like iRacing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As in life......... One must Press On!

Walter Röhrl is offline Lutz Müller

Got it last week and failed to set my steering wheel properly... Last monday I found out how to reset the steering (Thanks to their Discord-channel).
    So far I can't say that I like it, graphics is very basic (ok, the shrubberies on the roadside dance in the wind) and I just can't get to steer the car properly. Haven't found that much different options for the setup but maybe it's my fault.

There must be much more in my eyes to make it a good game...