Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Sportscar Trophy - Sebring Post Race

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rodriguez View Post
    Jimmy,

This fuel calculator might be of good use to you and others.

Kutu Apps

Fuel Calculator

Requires you to run the server.exe while using the web based fuel calculator. It speaks to you during the race. Nothing for you to do but enter the fuel number it spits back at you. I have used this fuel calculator without ever having a fuel shortage for about 8 months now.

It gives you:
    1. Fuel usage per lap in liters or gallons (It reads what unit of measurement you're using from iRacing)
    2. Laps left for fuel in tank
    3. Amount of fuel needed at pit stop

You can also set it to announce right at the start/finish line or as I do, 15 seconds afterwards so as not to interfere with my spotter. There are choices of different voices, etc. also. You can play with the settings by clicking the little cog wheel in the top right of the fuel calculator window.
    That's great Ken, thanks for the tip!

I'll give it a go next round and see how it works for me. Thanks again.

Ricky Wall is offline Junior Member

Poor race for me unfortunately. I know sebring but have never raced sebring and didn't even own the track until the night before the race. I did a 30 min lone session that night in late afternoon b/c thats when I thought the race was. When I logged into the server that night and saw it was night I knew I was screwed. During practice I was able to get my optimal down to a low 56 but I couldn't string a clean lap together so I wasn't even able to break into the 57's.

Qualifying I was again able to get an optimal in the low 56's but luckily was able to at least get into the low 57's but I was still way off pace. I just couldn't string a lap together.

Race starts and it's slick as all get out for me, almost losing in on the first lap but I did save it until the final turn on the first lap. I had been taking that no problem all night and then all of a sudden I just spin out on turn entry. Oh well, I still got an hour so lets see what I can do. I couldn't even make it halfway into the race until I got the grass coming out of the last turn and going face first into the pit wall. 12 min of required. My night is done so I just left the race and went to bed. See ya next week.

As far as dropping the P1's, I say yes and I would even consider dropping the GTE's and making it a GT3 only league or vice versa. Make everyone race the GTE's. Most likely I'd go GT3 only since that has the biggest turnout though.
    Z_Stig and TwoFlatTires like this.

arandomnoob is offline Paul Darling

I would have to agree with dropping the P1s, since it seems no one wants to run them, which is extremely unfortunate. I thought they brought an exciting element to the races with their rocket ship speed.

We could go to GTE-GT3 to keep it multiclass if people like that idea. I think we do need multi-class to keep it interesting.
    ~Paul Darling
    CMS iRacing League #155

blackcat77 is offline Paul Hamilton

Yes and yes, Drew. F3 screen is always up when I'm on the track. I was on the regular GT3 line through T11/12/13 which is a twisty section of track. James was hugely faster out of 11 and caught me right as I was exiting 12 and moving back left to set up for 13.

Edit to add that if it would have been in a race, my Z1 screen would have flashed blue when a lap-up car was within 1.5 seconds, but that feature doesn't work in practice.
    Last edited by blackcat77; 06-14-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    Z_Stig, TwoFlatTires and exSaint like this.

Ken Rodriguez is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77 View Post
    but that feature doesn't work in practice.
    Unfortunately it doesn't. I have had numerous discussions with Russell Hodgson on this.

Jay Dargert is offline Nazman

well fellas i just missed last night, need 15 minutes and I was in....I have been dealing with family issues. I have signed up in the P1 class. I know car count is low but I will try to get here as life allows me to, so there is another one. i have ran some practice in it and i was prob of on time by 1.5 sec but it is something new and different to fly around in. i personally think it was time for new hot rods. same old crap gets old.

James hit it square with the joat series that most missed. it was fun and frustrating all at the same time. one more thing is running during the summer and fall when there is an abundance of sun light is a problem for a lot of guys. too much to do in the real world. A winter/spring series makes more since to me. I have run a lot of fixed series stuff and for those that dont have a bunch of set up time this could be a big draw as well.

how about some open wheel indy stuff, some side by side trucks or cup cars, they are action packed and a bunch of fun. 125 laps with 35 plus guys is very intense...just throwin it out there.

dinner time i hope to be here next week at mosport in the p1 and enjoying something new.

see you all in the funnies

EdIT Ausie V8
    Last edited by Jay Dargert; 06-14-2018 at 11:31 PM.

Life's journey is not about showing up to the grave in a well preserved body, But to come in sideways totally used up Shouting WOO HOO what a F*&^ing ride.

RCT86 is offline Robert Tarbox

i just got to the point where i found my pace in the car, i really wanted to drive something different this season, driving P1 is out of my comfort zone and just got comfortable in it

people voted to run P1 and then everyone is quitting because of it.... i have had very little issues all season but... it sounds like no one wants it anymore

do what you have to i guess
    TwoFlatTires likes this.
    Robert Tarbox #86
    2018 Jack of all Trades champ

dlidkea is offline Drew Lidkea

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rodriguez View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't. I have had numerous discussions with Russell Hodgson on this.
    I guess, I haven't noticed as I go more by driver name anyways. On my relative, in the race the overall leaders come up red, - maybe I changed something in the .ini file and forgot.

My vote would be to keep the protos. Not fair to James and Robert who have signed up and put the time in. As long as they are good racing each other, that is what matters.

It also sounds like Paul, and Jay will be back when they can and I'm sure if we all hit the forums and advertise a bit, I'm sure we can get a few more back.
    Last edited by dlidkea; 06-14-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    TwoFlatTires likes this.

Z_Stig is offline Jason Lundy

Robert and James are just like Toyota in WEC right now. Lol

Okay, back to serious business.
    TwoFlatTires likes this.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin
    Never give up, never surrender!

Ken Rodriguez is offline Junior Member

I vote keep the P1's and let's recruit from the iRacing forums. Does anyone have any talent to make a flyer?

Only down side is we're in the middle of the season so drivers won't be able to vie for points really.
    Last edited by Ken Rodriguez; 06-15-2018 at 05:22 AM.
    davidan and TwoFlatTires like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast