Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Mosport Post-Race

dlidkea is offline Drew Lidkea

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Addison View Post
    Yeh Im going to try these higher rotations as soon as I blow off work. I used to use 720 for years but after I moved into the luv a GT cars I always struggled. I noticed in RE3 that they auto set the GTs at 540 I think?? So thats why I changed. I cant imagine getting the car out of the garage with such high rotation settings. But I will check it out later today. Thanks all for the insight.
    Yeah that does seem low. My wheel's natural full rotation (Fanatec V2.5) is 900 so I've always ran that both in the Fanatec software and in the iRacing config.

JJ Addison is offline Community Leader

Well went to 1080 ...900...720...and back and forth for a bit. Settled in 900. I could definitely feel a difference. It seems though the tyres don't slide as much as when its at 540. And I can really turn the wheel at bigger speed thru a turn. Also seems more true under heavy braking?? But for sure I really have to train myself to turn in sooner. I did get below that 40.....39.6 but it was only a few laps into the test so more to come.

Thank you guys
    Z_Stig, dlidkea and TwoFlatTires like this.
    Racing From The Darkside!

Back before I figured out that SLIDE=BAD, I had the steering on my old G25 at 300. I would also have the front tires down to 30% by my pit stop. Try driving around at very slow speed with the wheel at 1080, and if you aren't sliding, it's amazing how sharp an angle your wheels are at. Of course some slip angle is ideal, but if you have your sound effects turned up, you can hear the difference between just enough slip and too much.
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

dlidkea is offline Drew Lidkea

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77 View Post
    Back before I figured out that SLIDE=BAD, I had the steering on my old G25 at 300. I would also have the front tires down to 30% by my pit stop. Try driving around at very slow speed with the wheel at 1080, and if you aren't sliding, it's amazing how sharp an angle your wheels are at. Of course some slip angle is ideal, but if you have your sound effects turned up, you can hear the difference between just enough slip and too much.
    Missed you @Mosport Paul. Bring that Fezza out on track!

Jay Dargert is online now Nazman

All Balls Racing will host a practice server today (sunday) at 1130am west coast time. Interlagos bring a friend.

CMS Practice open server to promote as well as practice.
    WhiskeyChaser likes this.

Life's journey is not about showing up to the grave in a well preserved body, But to come in sideways totally used up Shouting WOO HOO what a F*&^ing ride.

Jay Dargert is online now Nazman

230 starts another one
    WhiskeyChaser likes this.

Life's journey is not about showing up to the grave in a well preserved body, But to come in sideways totally used up Shouting WOO HOO what a F*&^ing ride.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12