• 3 Post By Z_Stig
  • 2 Post By dlidkea
  • 1 Post By arandomnoob
  • 2 Post By JJ Addison
  • 1 Post By JJ Addison

Thread: 6/20/18 Sportscar Trophy - Rd5 - Driver's Briefing

Z_Stig is offline Jason Lundy

Default 6/20/18 Sportscar Trophy - Rd5 - Driver's Briefing

Round 5 of the Sportscar Trophy sees us cross the border for the start of the international portion of the calendar and a visit to Mosport!!

Briefing Notes
    • The Orange Zone will run from the start/finish line to the exit of Moss (T6)
    • The Acceleration Zone will run from the exit of T8 (right hander after back stretch) to start/finish line
    • Be mindful of cars exiting pits
    • Prototypes! Be mindful of slower traffic! Don't try to bully your way past! Mosport is very fast in a high-downforce car. GT cars will need a lot of road!
    • GTs! On such a short but fast circuit, you can get lost if you drive in mirrors - don't spend too much time looking behind but hold your line
    • One fast repair
    • LMP1 & GTE fuel limited to 60%
    • GT3 fuel limited to 55%
    • Have fun!

Dynamic Weather
    Race 1: Morning
    Race 2: Late Afternoon

The "ORANGE ZONE POLICY EXPLAINED" This zone constitutes the outlined Orange Zone area on the track during the 1st Lap. This zone should be regarded as a PASS WITH EXTREME CAUTION area during the first lap of any race. Should an incident occur because a driver chooses to attempt a pass within this “Orange Zone” the driver initiating the pass will likely be held responsible.

Outside of the Orange Zone, clean and responsible driving is the order of the day. If you begin to spin, hold the brake down so your car's actions will be more predictable to drivers attempting to negotiate the track safely. Please take the utmost care and use your Relative Black Box (F3) to safely rejoin the track if you have an off.

CMS Sportscar Trophy Regulations

EVENT DETAILS

NO PASSWORD FOR THIS EVENT - The session is only open to members of the CMS league on iRacing; everyone on the entry list already is.

Date: Wednesday, June 20th, 2018
    Practice: 6:30pm - 8:25pm CT, 7:30pm - 9:25pm ET, 2330 - 0125 GMT - 115 minutes

Driver's Briefing: 8:25pm - 8:30pm CT, 9:25 - 9:30 ET, 0125 - 0130 GMT - 5 minutes

Qualify: 8:30pm - 9:05pm CT, 9:30 - 10:05 ET, 0130 - 0205 GMT - 35 minutes

Race 1 Start: 9:05pm CT, 10:05pm ET, 0205 GMT - Duration 15 minutes

Race 2 Start: Approximately 10 minutes after Race 1 has been completed - Duration 45 minutes

PENALTIES

NEWS & NOTES
    For this race, we will remove the Porsche 919 from the entry list and replace with the Ferrari 488 GT3. Holding off on the 911 RSR until the state of BoP can be ascertained.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin
    Never give up, never surrender!

dlidkea is offline Drew Lidkea

Can't wait to race on home soil. Let's get a big push in the forums guys - especially as we are adding the Fezza GT3.
    Z_Stig and TwoFlatTires like this.

arandomnoob is offline Paul Darling

Like I mentioned last week I’m on a family vacation so I won’t be able to make it. Super bummed to miss this track with the P1 cars. :/
    TwoFlatTires likes this.
    ~Paul Darling
    CMS iRacing League #155

JJ Addison is offline Community Leader

Ferrari GT3 is back in and so am I. See all on track.
    Z_Stig and TwoFlatTires like this.
    Racing From The Darkside!

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Addison View Post
    Ferrari GT3 is back in and so am I. See all on track.
    I'm gonna have to call Shenanigans on your forum signature since you were holding out for the Ferrari, JJ...

JJ Addison is offline Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFlatTires View Post
    I'm gonna have to call Shenanigans on your forum signature since you were holding out for the Ferrari, JJ...
    TwoFlatTires likes this.