Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 2018 Summer Season - Announcing the CMS Sportscar Trophy! - Master Post

  1. #21
    Z_Stig's Avatar
    Z_Stig is offline Jason Lundy
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arandomnoob View Post
    Depends on the track of course, but for a track with 1 minute 30 second plus lap times maybe as much as a 30 second gap. It's a lot, but I like multiclass interaction lol. The speed difference between GTE/GT3 is just so small at some tracks that we don't see each other often.

    I wish there was a GT500/DTM speed GT car we could use.....
    I made it 30 seconds
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin
    Never give up, never surrender!

  2. #22
    blackcat77 is offline Paul Hamilton
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Anderson IN
    Posts
    2,761

    Default

    That's WAY too much differential. Check any real-world results.

    That's more than you'd have with an MX5.

  3. #23
    Z_Stig's Avatar
    Z_Stig is offline Jason Lundy
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77 View Post
    That's WAY too much differential. Check any real-world results.

    That's more than you'd have with an MX5.
    We're also running way shorter races than IMSA and WEC; but still want some class interaction at least. That gap should also improve things between the GTE & GT3 class which can be pretty close depending on the speed of each driver.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin
    Never give up, never surrender!

  4. #24
    Ricky Wall is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I want to sign up for the league and am interested in joining a team. Is there a place to see how many people have signed up for each class and what teams are available to sign up for?

  5. #25
    arandomnoob's Avatar
    arandomnoob is offline Paul Darling
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z_Stig View Post
    I made it 30 seconds
    Just to clarify I was suggesting the 30 second gap if we go GTE/GT3 only. I don't think we can have that big of a gap if we have LMP1s.
    Any update if we are going to continue with the prototype class or drop it?
    ~Paul Darling
    CMS iRacing League #155

  6. #26
    Z_Stig's Avatar
    Z_Stig is offline Jason Lundy
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arandomnoob View Post
    Just to clarify I was suggesting the 30 second gap if we go GTE/GT3 only. I don't think we can have that big of a gap if we have LMP1s.
    Any update if we are going to continue with the prototype class or drop it?
    There's only 4 LMP1s so it might be dropped. Giving it till Wednesday.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin
    Never give up, never surrender!

  7. #27
    exSaint is offline Liam Park
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Posts
    201

    Default

    I just shared a link with SCRS, which is where Can Am was running the fixed Ferrari GT3 series.
    Z_Stig and TwoFlatTires like this.

  8. #28
    TwoFlatTires's Avatar
    TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Thanks Liam!

  9. #29
    exSaint is offline Liam Park
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Posts
    201

    Default

    I have been asked what the qualifying order/set up will be. Specifically, someone interested in the LMP wouldn't be able to get on the server until 940pm EST.

    In the past, we've done 3 ten minute sessions between classes. Will we be doing that again and, if so, what's the class order for qualifying? If not, will it just be a 30 minute open session for all cars?

  10. #30
    Z_Stig's Avatar
    Z_Stig is offline Jason Lundy
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exSaint View Post
    I have been asked what the qualifying order/set up will be. Specifically, someone interested in the LMP wouldn't be able to get on the server until 940pm EST.

    In the past, we've done 3 ten minute sessions between classes. Will we be doing that again and, if so, what's the class order for qualifying? If not, will it just be a 30 minute open session for all cars?
    Qualifying is a 30 minute open session.
    exSaint likes this.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin
    Never give up, never surrender!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •