Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Miggy and PR

Jay Dargert is offline Nazman

Default Miggy and PR

Been keeping in contact as well as one could with Miggy.

He and his family are doing as well as can be expected. He is trying to get the business back open and take care of the home as well. Say he miss everyone and will see us all soon.

Life's journey is not about showing up to the grave in a well preserved body, But to come in sideways totally used up Shouting WOO HOO what a F*&^ing ride.

Slider is offline Dino Topic

What happened to him? I've been out of loop since I'm not on whatsapp.

Dex
    Dex is offline Dexter Castro

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    What happened to him? I've been out of loop since I'm not on whatsapp.
    A hurricane happened to pretty much all of Puerto Rico. Most of it is still very rough, being in the very big Caribbean Ocean and not being 'real' US citizens.

Slider is offline Dino Topic

Ah right...for some reason, I didn't think he lived there...shit..

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    A hurricane happened to pretty much all of Puerto Rico. Most of it is still very rough, being in the very big Caribbean Ocean and not being 'real' US citizens.
    a hurricane, how about two of them. Miggy is our friend and compadre and just needs to know we care and want the best for him and his family, because right now thats about all we can do right now.

Dex I could throw you under the biggest bus right now but I digress and will save you the embarrassment of your stupid comment.
    Warren McGary and Bart like this.

Life's journey is not about showing up to the grave in a well preserved body, But to come in sideways totally used up Shouting WOO HOO what a F*&^ing ride.

blackcat77 is offline Paul Hamilton

I think Dex was being sarcastic. But if you want to throw anyone under the bus, go after the person who is making shipments of desperately-needed supplies twice as expensive and difficult as they need to be in the middle of this crisis. And don't forget about the US Virgin Islands either.

PR should be a state. It should have become a state 60 years ago when AK and HI were admitted.
    TwoFlatTires and exSaint like this.

Dex
    Dex is offline Dexter Castro

Yes, that was intended to be sarcastic as hell.

WhiskeyChaser is offline Rick Smith

Got a nice long message from Miggy. He said it is so nice of CMS to give him and all of the hurricane victims best wishes. That was really cool that a bit of verbal support from CMS props him up! His family is ok. Working hard to put business back together and is operating at about 70 percent. He said they are not having huge needs as many others. Water and electricity are restored where he is but it comes and goes. His home was on higher ground and miraculously has only minimal damage. Said he is having the ups and downs but us checking in means alot.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77 View Post
    I think Dex was being sarcastic. But if you want to throw anyone under the bus, go after the person who is making shipments of desperately-needed supplies twice as expensive and difficult as they need to be in the middle of this crisis. And don't forget about the US Virgin Islands either.

PR should be a state. It should have become a state 60 years ago when AK and HI were admitted.
    This original post was for our friend so those that can communicate with him can share here. So we dont need the sarcasm here.

Thats great Paul except PR has voted many times themselves not to become a state, the will of their people isnt that how thing are to work?

Any way back to the subject. He is doing better than most and and Rick has put in the latest update.
    WhiskeyChaser likes this.

Miguel Alcrudo is offline Senior Community Leader

guyss just manage to get a few minutes and some internet!! really appreciate taking the time to check on me.. believe me guys things are rough here.. my family is blessed to have some time of electricity and water and my business had damage but things that can be and are beong repair... only 10 to 15% of electricity is been restore and not at a 100%... daily we have complete systems shutdowns...

the issues are more bigger than all political news you see in the media believe.. just to be clear we are a colony of the united states and we are ruled by the congress.. they gave is 50yrs ago the liberty to play with our laws and constitutions but under federal laws... soo at the end the ones that prevails are federal laws.. we are american citizens since birth just like if we were born in florida with same rights and everything... but hey thats all political bs... we give back to the states 4 to 5 times what they give us back... all this fema help we have been paying all the years thru taxes... the real issue here is that nothing like this has ever happen in the island and everyone was taken by surprise... at the end no matter how much help we get now this will take lots of months to recover at least to a 50-70% of what it was...

we arent a state in reality because us dont want it to be... PR has some tax exemptions for US millonaires and investors that can only be used if we are a colony since no states has all those benefits for them jejejje...

hey but we are really greatful that the states are giving us the help... the have saved hundreds of families and are working 24/7... people here, the real mayority.. the citizens are really greatful!! they are getting into places that families are lock out since the huricane because of slide and roads blocked... look for pic and videos and youl see... even tesla came and met the governor to look for ideas to get this back... google had to place 6 internet ballons over the island just to start improving comunications so imagine having no cel sognal, no electricity and 60% as of now of the island without water...

again it means a lot for me that you guys take the time to ask and write on this dificult moments..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast