Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Jack of All Trades (CMS In Between Series)

Kamikaze is offline James Stacey

Default Jack of All Trades (CMS In Between Series)

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was already a plan in place for our in between season after the last race of our "GT3" season concludes in two weeks. If there wasn't, I would like to propose and gauge interest on a "Jack of All Trades" series. The premise being who is the best in all three (or four if Rallycross comes out in time) disciplines in iRacing: Dirt, Oval, and Road. I figure that we will run six weeks, as per our usual standard for our in between season with two tracks per discipline. We will also use six different cars for a total of six track/car combinations.

To ease the costs a little as I know not everyone runs or has all of the content, I figure for this initial season we will run with three pieces of paid content cars alongside three pieces of paid content tracks to make up three of the weeks, with the other three weeks being content that is free to all iRacers when they sign up for the service. Below you will find the car/track combinations:

Free Content (Entry Level Cars)
    - Dirt Street Stocks/Lanier National Speedway (Dirt)
    - Legends/Concord Speedway
    - Global Mazda MX-5/Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Paid Content (Pro Series Cars)
    - 360 Winged Sprint Cars/Eldora Speedway
    - Dallara DW12/Iowa Speedway
    - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup/Donnington Park Circuit

At the end of each set of disciplines, there will be three discipline champions (Dirt Champion, Oval Champion, and Road Champion) and after all six weeks, provided that the highest points earner has attempted 5 out of 6 races, there will be a Jack of All Trades Champion, or the best of the best here at CMS.

If there is any interest in running this competition as our in between season, feel free to comment down below. If enough interest is garnered, I will go to the powers above to discuss the timing and formats. A formal rules set will be drafted up and posted by next Wednesday.

Jay Dargert is offline Nazman

Funny you bring this up as I was thinking along the same lines just different cars and tracks. Although I didnt think of the free vs paid. Good idea James

Life's journey is not about showing up to the grave in a well preserved body, But to come in sideways totally used up Shouting WOO HOO what a F*&^ing ride.

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

I'm down James. If you need help let me know.
    Warren McGary likes this.

arandomnoob is offline Paul Darling

Sounds like fun! I'll have to buy the dirt content now.
    ~Paul Darling
    CMS iRacing League #155

blackcat77 is online now Paul Hamilton

No interest in dirt or ovals.
    exSaint and Bart like this.

ZigZag03 is offline Mark Ruggiero

I think I'm with Paul on this one. Have enough trouble doing what I'm doing now.
    Mark Ruggiero
    DiamondDog/Red Dwarf Racing

Jay Dargert is offline Nazman

hey fellas you should try oval stuff it is really a lot of fun. action packed

I would drop the dallara and get a cup car or the trucks at talladega. Lots of room and tight racing.

Life's journey is not about showing up to the grave in a well preserved body, But to come in sideways totally used up Shouting WOO HOO what a F*&^ing ride.

MatthewOverton is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dargert View Post

I would drop the dallara and get a cup car or the trucks at talladega. Lots of room and tight racing.
    +1 Jay. I've been doing a bit of oval racing - street stocks, trucks and dallaras. All fun with different feels to the races. All require patience to not try and jump out front first and then some luck in avoiding what feel to be inevitable wrecks.....
    Cheers, Matthew
    CMS Racing #174

blackcat77 is online now Paul Hamilton

I've been on iRacing for two years next month. In that time I've done one Week 13 fun race on an oval. Trucks at Daytona. On the second lap, somebody at the front wrecked and took out all the cars but two.

Probably wasn't typical, but enough for me. I don't watch NASCAR IRL either.

Kamikaze is offline James Stacey

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dargert View Post

The reasoning for the DW 12 at Iowa is to promote tight racing without the fear of everyone getting collected over one mistake. That, and to have an open wheel car added to the line-up.

As an aside, apologies for not having the rule set done yet. I've been having a bit of a time last week, but I should be good to get that bit of documentation all cleaned up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast