Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Upcoming Season

Z_Stig is offline Jason Lundy

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77 View Post
    I gotta admit that as the driver of various other cars on the track with LMP 1s, I'm not a fan. I don't know how iRacing could do it, but it would be nice if those cars could be restricted to highly-skilled drivers, expecially with sky-high SRs, only. Otherwise those things are like misguided missiles.
    SR can be very misleading though. Maybe this is where iRacing developing AI will help... Make people complete race simulations before racing online.

In any case, I don't see LMP1s as an issue within the league.
    arandomnoob and TwoFlatTires like this.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin
    Never give up, never surrender!

JJ Addison is offline Community Leader

Will there be a pre season test race?
    davidan likes this.
    Racing From The Darkside!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Addison View Post
    Will there be a pre season test race?
    Also is there a donation link specific to this series or just the general donation tab?
    Racing From The Darkside!

Ryan Thompson is offline Member

Hey all,

I've just spent the last bit reading this thread, and have a few thoughts (or more than a few, as I'm basically replying to an entire thread):

LMP1 cars are indeed stupid fast compared to GT3s. However, iRacing has a good relative timing display, and we have some absolutely stellar drivers in this league who I'd run three wide with any dang day of the week. When I did a couple of the NARS races last year in a GTE/GTC, I had zero incidents being passed by prototypes, even during practice. We are a few notches above the typical iRacing crowd when it comes to race etiquette, and also race preparation, which plays a huge role as well.

That being said, I still prefer multi-class races where the field is a little bit closer. I don't want to miss out on some awesome battles for position because of lapped/lapping traffic. That's why I voted for Pro/Am. But that's just me.

As for joining an existing iRacing series, I would look at that as more of a fallback option if we aren't able to organize our own hosted series. It's less than ideal for 2.5 reasons: 1) we would end up in different splits. For a series where low turnout might be a potential concern, further fragmenting the participants isn't great. 2) We add back in the usual iRacing idiots who might just ruin a race. 1+2) What happens to the league series standings when one idiot comes in and wrecks half the field in the top split but the bottom split is incident free?

As for the administrative options, it does seem like there are already several people willing to help out. I would volunteer to do whatever I can as well. Real life has been extremely challenging lately, but if I can pitch in in some small way, let me know, especially if that makes the difference between go/no go.

Last, but most important: I'm excited for this series. Let's make it happen!
    Z_Stig and TwoFlatTires like this.

Z_Stig is offline Jason Lundy

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Addison View Post
    Also is there a donation link specific to this series or just the general donation tab?
    General donation tab. The only costs will be hosted sessions.
    davidan and TwoFlatTires like this.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin
    Never give up, never surrender!

As Ryan said lets make this series happen. I have always backed away from IRacing because of the crap of me loosing rating points due to some of the morons that get on track. But IRacing overall seems to have gotten much better. I actually ran the prime time sprint last night and decided to qualify instead of sit it out at the back and put it in 7th with the Ferrari 488 GT3. I fell back thru the field during the race because I was just trying to actually finish the race and was surprised at how behaved all were.

But with that said I would much rather race in our own private series. I dont have a lot of time to donate but I can for sure fund practice and race sessions. Im looking forward to this series I could use the distraction........