Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Upcoming Season

exSaint is offline Liam Park

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFlatTires View Post
    I remember Humberto and I talking about this a while back. I think Pro Mazda or FR2.0 would be great. There's a series that does a similar format on Friday afternoons (MT). I think it's AOR but I may be mistaken. They invert the top 10 positions for the second race.
    A few of us in Can Am are in a fixed set up Ferrari GT3 league that does the field invert for the second race. It really takes patience from everyone involved.

As someone who tends to greatly benefit from the invert: it is both exciting and terrifying.
    TwoFlatTires likes this.

jtfreels is offline Jay Freels

Pro Mazda would be a great choice. I’m in a league that runs two sprint races a week, talk about competitive and close racing throughout the field. https://youtu.be/mtIyjZamFWM And everyone is over 60, some over 70
    We generally follow the official season (but no ovals).

Jay
    blackcat77 and TwoFlatTires like this.
    Jay Freels

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

Both Mazda or FR2's would be fun. The issue I have with an inverted field is they tend to cause more carnage in the first few laps because the fast guys are trying to get back up front and they usually don't seem to care who they take out along the way.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

Personally, I think having two or three ovals throughout a season would be an awesome change of pace. I've done Iowa and Chicagoland in these things and both are a blast!
    davidan likes this.

blackcat77 is offline Paul Hamilton

No ovals, please. I prefer my races run under green, not constant yellows.

I've been in iRacing for 2 1/2 years and started one oval event - a Week 13 truck race. On lap 2 of a scheduled 25, there was a gigantic wreck that took out more than half the field and everybody immediately quit. No thank you...

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77 View Post
    No ovals, please. I prefer my races run under green, not constant yellows.

I've been in iRacing for 2 1/2 years and started one oval event - a Week 13 truck race. On lap 2 of a scheduled 25, there was a gigantic wreck that took out more than half the field and everybody immediately quit. No thank you...
    So let me get this straight, you've started one public (AND wk 13) oval race and had a bad experience, therefore oval racing is the problem? Forgive my reluctance to accept that as a sample size large enough to provide accurate measurement for how it might play out in our league.

For example, we raced ovals twice in JOAT in the mini-season and we had maybe four cautions in the first race of almost 100 laps, and then (if I remember correctly) only 2 or 3 in the Indy Car event.

It's unfair to highlight a bad start in a public race and use it as a barometer for the racing style or vehicle. You mentioned this with the LMP1's, now with ovals.

To be clear: Please don't think that I'm attacking your statement directly, but I still think you are shifting blame from a few idiots to what they are in or on at the time... However, if you prefer not to oval race because of personal preference, just say that.
    Last edited by TwoFlatTires; 03-29-2018 at 02:40 PM.

RCT86 is offline Robert Tarbox

"Week 13 Truck Race" - right there is your problem, dont generalize the rest of oval because of one race in the worst oval series on iracing lol

Jay Dargert is offline Nazman

Just race a truck race at the Rock and we went 70 laps green then a caution and another 25 green. The oval racing is a blast and it takes a lot more concentration to get things done. Yes when a wreck happens it can ruin your event but it beats driving around by yourself looking at the scenery.

I would like to see the JOAT events or something like them run, with a mix of everything. Oval, road, Dirt and paved and as proved in the JOAT mini series everyone had a chance to win something even if it was a ribbing from your friends.
    Last edited by Jay Dargert; 04-01-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Life's journey is not about showing up to the grave in a well preserved body, But to come in sideways totally used up Shouting WOO HOO what a F*&^ing ride.

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

Are we going some form of road racing soon? I would much rather race with fellow CMS drivers than have to look for another iRacing series to join
    TwoFlatTires likes this.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

JJ Addison is online now Community Leader

Would Very much like IRacing GT3 Series on Wed. nights
    Marc Cohn likes this.