Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Upcoming Season

Z_Stig is offline Jason Lundy

Default Upcoming Season

Hey gents! Please fill out this survey and indicate your preferences for car type next season. There are no restrictions on who can drive which car.

We are beginning preparations for the next great season of iRacing at CMS!

Also, if anyone is available to help with admin duties, drop me a line!

Thanks, Jason

Results thus far:
    Last edited by Z_Stig; 03-15-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin
    Never give up, never surrender!

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

I was only able to include my first choice (which I listed Porsche Cup), but if we are allowed a second choice -

I would like to submit to the powers that be the idea of open wheelers. I hear there's a new Indy car running around somewhere that wants to be driven...

exSaint is offline Liam Park

I chose GT3/911 Multiclass. But that is conditional on it not being AMs only in the Porsche. If there's restrictions on who can drive what car, I vote GT3.
    Z_Stig likes this.

Jay Dargert is online now Nazman

360 sprint Cars and UMP Dirt modifieds

Life's journey is not about showing up to the grave in a well preserved body, But to come in sideways totally used up Shouting WOO HOO what a F*&^ing ride.

blackcat77 is offline Paul Hamilton

I voted GT3 (Blancpain) and GTE. I liked the Porsche but the GT3s have been vastly improved over the past couple seasons. Or maybe I've finally learned to drive them a little better.
    exSaint likes this.

EGarcia1102 is offline Emil Garcia

LMP1, GTE, GT3 Multiclass is totally possible at this point, why not. (R18,919,488GTE,FGT,MGT3,R8GT3)

it would make Pro/Pro-Am/AM Insanely level. You could drop one of the LMPs to add an additional GT3
    Last edited by EGarcia1102; 03-14-2018 at 11:20 PM.
    davidan, DaveS and exSaint like this.

blackcat77 is offline Paul Hamilton

Maybe it's just me, but I think the P1s are a step in the wrong direction, at least in multiclass. Their performance is so far out of kilter to the other cars that they make racing more difficult than with cars that are a little closer in performance. I've been driving the Highcroft a lot on the Le Mans open servers and the P1s there are a real menace even for a P2. Of course that could be an issue with the drivers more than the cars, but I've way beyond sick of being run off the road, passed on the apron, or being blocked by some dimwit who has to recharge his batteries on the track while other people are trying to practice. Some of those clowns couldn't be trusted with a Miata, let alone a 919...
    Jay Dargert likes this.

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

I think speed disparity is much easier to manage in a controlled environment, such as a league, instead of braving the public rooms for practice. I think,too, maybe you're shifting the blame from the clowns and putting it on the car, and are forgetting this happens every time a new car is released.

Speed disparity and driving style in p1 compared to gte is similar to gte compared to cup cars in corners, and will be easier to pass on straights to boot. I'm failing to see a real problem, unless of course, you're just venting about guys driving over their heads in public servers. Of that fact, there is no debate.
    davidan likes this.

davidan is online now David Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by EGarcia1102 View Post
    LMP1, GTE, GT3 Multiclass is totally possible at this point, why not. (R18,919,488GTE,FGT,MGT3,R8GT3)

it would make Pro/Pro-Am/AM Insanely level. You could drop one of the LMPs to add an additional GT3
    I like it
    DaveS likes this.

my personal motorsports blog

EGarcia1102 is offline Emil Garcia

Think about it this away, the LMPs are hard to drive fast hence drop the PRO guys in there, GTEs can behandled by a PRO-AM guy and the GT3s have all the assists an AM driver needs. The speed disparity will make it easier for the upper tier guys because you can be in and out quickly. again, just my 2 cents. ALSO it gives people in their respective classes an actual chance to win instead of racing against guys who go into lower cars just out of comfort. theres nothing that makes me want to no show up to the next race more than when there isn't even a chance that i can win my class.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast