Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 6/3 Sunday evening 6 hours starting 8 eastern

ZigZag03 is offline Mark Ruggiero

Good to see Jay out there tonite, hope things are improving domestically. And he's quick in the P!
    Mark Ruggiero
    DiamondDog/Red Dwarf Racing

dlidkea is offline Drew Lidkea

Thanks for hosting Mark.

JJ Addison is online now Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by RCT86 View Post
    i love people saying how badly they want day/night transitions in iracing.... yet everyone is complaining about racing on a night track lol
    Not every one is complaining......just a few ole dogs. And if it was day/night transition it would be much better because you would be running enough laps to adjust as it becomes darker. I know Sebring well been sim racing on for years in different sims. But other than the front straight I cant see far ahead enough to be competitive. I could see following the car in front of me right off into a pile up.

Not a big deal just compromising a great race venue. I have enough issues when all is right

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77 View Post
    My monitors are just about perfectly adjusted for ordinary conditions and I'm not going to mess them up for one race.

Another thing I noticed last night is that the Audi GTs are pretty much invisible from the rear. It's just begging for one of the protos to take a car out completely by accident.
    You know Paul, you can take note of your current settings and then revert them back to what you like after adjusting them for this race...

Just as a litmus test reference: Wouldn't it be silly if Bruce Boxmann just told Lewis Hamilton, "Sorry we can't make any adjustments to the car for Monaco because it was just so good for Spain and I don't want to ruin that."

I can certainly understand the difficulty in pushing past adversity sometimes, but the recent comments about what is driving some of the community complaints are getting a little nitpicky (and that's a bit of an understatement). I'm starting to wonder if the negativity is more than venting and maybe closer to excuse making or curmudgeoning...

How can a hobby that is supposed to be fun cause everyone so much anguish?! I honestly don't get it.

blackcat77 is offline Paul Hamilton

I'm not anguished in the least. My standards are very simple - if a game isn't fun, I won't play it. I have no problem at all with my monitors at daylight races. I wasn't doing too bad last night - in fact, I set a PB probably because the track was nice and cool. But if I were to *really* have trouble seeing where I was going, then the hassle factor would exceed the fun factor and I'd sit this one out and race next time.

I haven't reached that point yet. And I haven't really tried to use the NVidia tool to brighten things up yet either, so I might try that as well.

But no anguish. Ever.

RCT86 is offline Robert Tarbox

who needs lights anyway
    Robert Tarbox #86
    2018 Jack of all Trades champ

dlidkea is offline Drew Lidkea

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Addison View Post
    Not every one is complaining......just a few ole dogs. And if it was day/night transition it would be much better because you would be running enough laps to adjust as it becomes darker. I know Sebring well been sim racing on for years in different sims. But other than the front straight I cant see far ahead enough to be competitive. I could see following the car in front of me right off into a pile up.

Not a big deal just compromising a great race venue. I have enough issues when all is right
    Hey John,
    Have you tired night setting with your headlight details turned up? Last night the whole course was lit up with the cat eye/ reflective road markings. The whole track is one big runway, I honestly did not see any actually dark spots where the track was not visible up ahead. I really think playing around with your settings will help.
    Just a thought anyways.
    TwoFlatTires likes this.

JJ Addison is online now Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by dlidkea View Post
    Hey John,
    Have you tired night setting with your headlight details turned up? Last night the whole course was lit up with the cat eye/ reflective road markings. The whole track is one big runway, I honestly did not see any actually dark spots where the track was not visible up ahead. I really think playing around with your settings will help.
    Just a thought anyways.
    My rig runs very well not all is on max but like Daytona is fine for night. I'll try changing a few settings and see what happens next time on track.
    TwoFlatTires likes this.