Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 4 hour practice session tonight starting at 6pm CST at Watkins Glen Boot

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

Default 4 hour practice session tonight starting at 6pm CST at Watkins Glen Boot

CanAm racing will be hosting a 4 hour practice session tonight starting at 6pm CST at Watkins Glen Boot

Server name: CMS Watkins practice
    Password: improve

Dynamic weather
    GT3 - 55% fuel
    GTE - 60% fuel
    P1 - 60% fuel
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

blackcat77 is offline Paul Hamilton

Will this have the proposed changes to the GT3s?

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77 View Post
    Will this have the proposed changes to the GT3s?
    Hey Paul,

Tonight's sessions vehicle selection will have the LMP1 offerings, GTE offerings, and the Mercedes and Audi GT3s. Jason has extended the deadline for signups to tonight, so you can expect a final decision by tomorrow, and subsequent practices leading to the race event with the final car selections.

We felt this was the fairest solution to try and get those folks who have already signed up in a P1 to have a decent shot at a season in that car. There was some help from others to try and recruit more bodies from outside CMS for us to have enough for three classes. Tomorrow, the admins will analyze the roster and determine if we have a well balanced and full grid with three classes. or whether the classes will have to be consolidated into two.

I encourage you and everyone to try and make tonight to get a feel for the quality and style of the P1 drivers as they relate to GTE & GT3. If the P1 class is decided to bring enough value to the league to keep for this season, I"m sure having as much practice as possible with them buzzing around on track will benefit everyone greatly.
    Last edited by TwoFlatTires; 05-09-2018 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Grammar is hard.
    Z_Stig and HumbertoR like this.

blackcat77 is offline Paul Hamilton

Okeedoke and thanks. I'll be there in the GTE Ferrari since both those Deutsche things are mysteries to me...
    Z_Stig and TwoFlatTires like this.

exSaint is offline Liam Park

Man, the P1s are quick. First time I experienced them was last night - just gained 5 seconds on me through laces; I couldn't believe it. Definitely worth getting practice with them around.

Also ran the Audi for the first time in ~18 months last night. New steering wheel and much different aero. Still hates curbs, though!
    Z_Stig and TwoFlatTires like this.

arandomnoob is offline Paul Darling

Quote Originally Posted by exSaint View Post
    Man, the P1s are quick. First time I experienced them was last night - just gained 5 seconds on me through laces; I couldn't believe it. Definitely worth getting practice with them around.

Also ran the Audi for the first time in ~18 months last night. New steering wheel and much different aero. Still hates curbs, though!
    Yea they are amazingly quick. They are fascinating pieces of engineering technology.
    Z_Stig, TwoFlatTires and exSaint like this.
    ~Paul Darling
    CMS iRacing League #155

JJ Addison is offline Community Leader

Request adding the Ferrari GT3 to the session please.
    Racing From The Darkside!

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Addison View Post
    Request adding the Ferrari GT3 to the session please.
    JJ,

The Ferrari GT3 won't be an option for the season if we keep the LMP1 cars. Unfortunately, iRacing throttles chassis selection to 6 per event.

As a side note, I"ll be driving the Ford GT 2017 for the season (Team Principal decision) and I think it was mistakenly subbed for the older model (easy oversight to make, I've done it myself). Sorry, but I'll have to pass tonight, but good luck and have fun everyone!

JJ Addison is offline Community Leader

Well that is a blow I been working solely on that GT3.....back to the drawing board. I cant seem to get that GTE as balanced as the GT3.

I'll test the R8 and the AMG and post which I'll drive by end of weekend.
    Last edited by JJ Addison; 05-09-2018 at 09:52 PM.
    Racing From The Darkside!

koltho805 is offline Trampas Kolthoff

Anyone have a Ferrari GTE setup.. havent raced road in like 10 months

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast