View Poll Results: Which car do we field?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corvette C7 DP

1 14.29%
  • Ferrari GTE

0 0%
  • Ford GTE

0 0%
  • Ferrari GT3

5 71.43%
  • Mercedes GT3

0 0%
  • Audi GT3

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 2018 iRacing 24hrs of Daytona Hub

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

Default 2018 iRacing 24hrs of Daytona Hub

Hey guys,

So in preparation for the 24 Daytona event, I'm going to ask you all to please submit your choice for car from the attached poll. Only your first choice please, unless we get a sudden surge of interest and can open a second entry. The organizers need this information to determine stint lengths for the schedule. The sooner we get this done, the sooner we start talking setup and getting everyone acclimated and comfortable in the car.

Once we have the ball rolling, I will continue to use this format for keeping all info in this thread (thanks James!).

DRIVER SIGNUP:

- Jason Lundy
    - James Stacey
    - Jay Dargert
    - Drew Lidkea
    - Peter Hebron
    - Paul Hamilton
    - Jimmy Hume
    - Anthony James

ALTERNATES/SPOTTERS/PARTIAL COMMITS:
    - Christien Hoogveld
    - Liam Park

- David Anderson

DRIVER SCHEDULE & ROSTER: ROSTER

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________

CHASSIS: Ferrari GT3

SETUP: 2018 Setup

Great Lap: 1:44.0 - 1:44.9
    Good Lap: 1:45.0 - 1:45.9
    Okay Lap: 1:46.0 - 1:46.9
    Needs Improvement: 1:47.0 - >

FUEL:

Avg fuel burned/lap: 3.354
    Laps on a full tank: 32
    Liters burned/minute: 1.899
    Minutes on a full tank: 57:56

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    OFFICIAL PRACTICES

Practice 1: Sunday January 14th(7pm EST, 4pm PST (4 hours))
    Session name: Puffin Racing/CMS Daytona 24hr Practice
    Session password: improve
    Daytona International Speedway - Road Course
    Time Of Day: Night
    Practice length: 240 mins (4 hours, 0 mins)
    Practice: Slight Usage (15%)
    Weather Settings: Default

OFFICIAL RESULTS

P5, Split 11 (of 17)

Well congratulations and a big thank you to everyone for once again proving that this group knows how to be competitive and have a great time doing it along the way!!

I have a few completely made up and mostly worthless awards to present in light of this years 24hr Daytona event showing from Puffin and CMS:

• The MVD (Most valuable driver) award was difficult (and arbitrarily decided by me): The nominees were Drew Lidkea and Paul Hamilton. Both guys stepped up when they weren't scheduled to and ran extremely fast, consistent stints making up hard to earn positions that were seemingly out of reach. I had to side with Drew Lidkea on this one simply because he drove for 4 hours in the middle of the night, half of it by himself and the other half with an only partially coherent spotter (half asleep me). He did this tirelessly until Mark and Jason came back on to support him and finish the race.

Congrats Drew!! Well deserved and much appreciated by us all. Thanks for bringing it home for us!

• The MVD Award (Rookie version) will be given to Paul Hamilton!! Honey Baked and Drew both deserved this award, so the the powers that be (none really) made this up just now! Seriously Paul, great work!! Outstanding performance on your first effort. You assimilated the gobs of info on how our team operates, along with how the server and dynamics of the race operated, and turned it into the most consistent drive I've witnessed from you I think ever. Truly proud of you brother.

• The Hard Charger award for the race is given to Anthony M. James!! Congratulations, sir. You were the driver that provided us with the biggest gains during your stints. Some were questioning if 3 hours would be a good idea for any one stint - you proved it to be a moot point and demolished the competition while bringing us back to contention for our top 5 finish!

• The Safety First, Safe Driver award is given to Peter Hebron!! Peter was able to run his first two hours with only 2 incident points, and was able to put the car around the track for several hours with the least incident points of all of us. You sir, are a surgeon. Slicing through the course with unreal accuracy and patience with those idiot DP drivers... Well done!

• The "Give the organizers a heart attack just before they've passed out because they didn't answer their phone at 3:30 in the morning to let me know if they were conscious and could drive or spot, but then show up last minute to save the last hour of the race" award goes to Jason Lundy!! Congrats Jason, well deserved!! (Also apologies for call you at 3 in the morning).

To everyone that participated this year in any capacity, thank you sincerely. We all appreciate the company and comradery involved by simply making the effort to support us in our time of seat. Rick Smith, James Stacey, Mark Ruggerio - thank you all for showing up with no skin in the game other than the will to see your friends succeed. You guys are awesome.

Once again, apologies to you Drew for bailing when I did. My chariot had turned into a pumpkin hours before and I was spending more time nodding off than actually spotting so I chose to call it before I died of exhaustion. I'm a bit of a diva when it come to sleep (or a lack there of). Thanks for being so understanding.

Super proud of everyone for the effort. If this is any indication of things to come, we're going to have a great digital endurance season at Puffin/CMS!
    Last edited by TwoFlatTires; 01-21-2018 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Updates
    davidan and Jay Dargert like this.

Reserved prerace Q&A: (Feel free to post questions, comments or concerns in this thread. They will be appended to this post.)

What communication channels are we using for the event?
    CMS has two outlets for voice communication. Team Speak has been our go to in previous years, with Discord as an up and coming competitor. Currently, with the enhanced text chat features of Discord, it will be the preferred method of communication currently. If you are unfamiliar with Discord, or need help with anything - speak up! We can schedule some time to get you where you need to be. (If it is determined that Discord is causing major issues, we can revert back to TS3 for this event.

I imagine you'll first see Push to Talk setup in the playback or sound options, BUT you also have to do it in the keybinds section. Just choose a function (Push to Talk) and the key you want to use and you should be good to go.

HERE is an invite to our discord server to get you started.
    Last edited by TwoFlatTires; 01-19-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Reserved Live updates: (Feel free to post updates during the race as you see fit. They will be appended to this post for reference.)

davidan is offline David Anderson

Restored
    TwoFlatTires likes this.

my personal motorsports blog

Updated baseline setup and chassis selection based on current poll responses. Speak now or forever hold your peace if you want another car selected.
    davidan likes this.

Updated roster and stint signup. Same as last year, but feel free to voice any questions or concerns.

Jay Dargert is offline Nazman

discord or TS...any decisions on this. I have both just have not used discord much if any.

Life's journey is not about showing up to the grave in a well preserved body, But to come in sideways totally used up Shouting WOO HOO what a F*&^ing ride.

Hey gents,

We're down to two weeks before go time. I know we haven't had but one impromptu "official" shakedown and zero practices, but hopefully everyone has found the baseline set post above and has done some testing on their own. Does anyone have any concerns with the set (or anything else for that matter?) as of right now?

We will be coordinating practices ramping up throughout the following two weeks, and I will post them when we have the info. I'll try to give you guys at least a couple days notice.

dlidkea is offline Drew Lidkea

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFlatTires View Post
    Hey gents,

We're down to two weeks before go time. I know we haven't had but one impromptu "official" shakedown and zero practices, but hopefully everyone has found the baseline set post above and has done some testing on their own. Does anyone have any concerns with the set (or anything else for that matter?) as of right now?

We will be coordinating practices ramping up throughout the following two weeks, and I will post them when we have the info. I'll try to give you guys at least a couple days notice.
    I'm working on tweaking the set. First big thing that sticks out is the caster - would you guys be ok running it a bit lower, say 9.4 or 9.5? I find the higher number just makes the wheel feel so heavy.
    I ran a 1:44.899 on the baseline set with a few minor changes. I noticed it is only 14.5 gallons though so will need to build a full fuel setup.

Z_Stig is offline Jason Lundy

I tweaked the setup as well. Changed the FARB to a 3 Medium, moved brake bias to the rear by a few clicks, and added more preload to the diff while taking a clutch plate out. I'm also running TC2 and ABS10

On full fuel I'm running 44.6

Tire wear was pretty good too.
    Jason Lundy
    iRacing co-admin
    Never give up, never surrender!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast