Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Thruxton Results & Discussion

Hutch is offline Michael Kolar

Default Thruxton Results & Discussion

Last edited by Hutch; 10-30-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Swordsman is offline Patrice Cote

Added Replay to first post
    Christopher Snow, mms and Hutch like this.

Hzamora is offline Hernán Zamora

A very demanding track, P2 at the start and I was expecting battle at the front so I decide to do the pit stop at the first lap. I think that the strategy worked fine, racing alone was better for me, at least the first half of the race. The other half was a good example of racing, yes, I was slower than Mihaly, Cris and Ken but I tried and it wasn´t all that bad. Some contact here and there but nothing serious, then my tires worn out and bye-bye, the last laps were to defend 4th from Patrice.
    Christopher Snow, kcheeb and mms like this.

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Patrice: Replay download isn't working here (it just freezes).

I was hoping to get a look at it before posting, but in lieu of that, this short synopsis: I was really lucky to come away with a seven second win (from Mihaly) after badly bolluxing the start--I THINK I dropped the clutch...having neglected to put the car in first gear....

Duh-OH!

Got away fourth, and have to thank everyone for avoiding my snafu...and hoping it didn't cause damage problems for anyone else. Hernan pitted right away, and I spent the next dozen laps trying to catch Mihaly and Ken, who seemed to be having a real battle up front. Went for a short toboggan ride early on and at one point was in a close battle with Hernan, who came out just ahead of me. I managed to fumble around in the last chicane trying to pass him--he easily regained the spot coming out--and then did a bit better job of it the second time, and snuck away a bit. As he did, I also pitted when I thought I'd have clear track ahead, and it worked out well enough.

Had good battles with several cars, plus the early chase laps trying to catch up to the leaders. Just great fun, and real workout too. I always come away from a good race soaking wet, and this was no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    Patrice: Replay download isn't working here (it just freezes).
    Hummm that's strange. I watched it and all was good, so I just zipped it and uploaded.
    Does it freeze during the server download or within AC? I just checked from another computer, and I can download the file here.
    Christopher Snow likes this.

Congrats for the win by the way!!
    I'm even more impressed by your qualification time, that was really smoking.

My race went as I planned, meaning NOT spinning the car and converting it into a lawn mower (which costed me a few places and even a podium in the previous races). The other part of the plan was to get fresh tires at mid-race (yeah I'm stubborn!!).
    First half was really good fun with many drivers, but spend most laps with Ray.
    When back from the pits I was 14s seconds or so from guys running old tires (Ken and Hernan), I figured I could catch up if I stayed consistent. The battle in front sure helped me. With a 6 minutes remaining I was within a couple of seconds of Hernan. Fabulous race ending form my perspective. Sorry about the small tap Hernan, not intentionnal.

Only downside to the race finish is that the server brought us back to pits with only a couple of corners left before the finish line. I don't think I would have been able to pass Hernan at the last chicane. Still we do need to modifiy the server settings to avoid that.
    Last edited by Swordsman; 10-30-2017 at 02:06 PM.

kcheeb is offline Ken Baldwin

Qualified 5th, not unhappy with that. Was looking forward to the start however, I've been having some success getting away quickly and was hoping for more!
    As luck would have it the grip gods were with me and I was able to rocket up the middle and tuck behind Mihaly. Which started a half hour long battle that was
    as good as it gets. We were back and forth for most of the half hour.

I did my usual just past half way pitstop, no mistakes this time!!! Yay. Came out just behind Hernan, sadly this is where I made a mistake judging your speed
    through turn three and got into the back of you, so sorry :-( After that lap, Mihaly had pitted and when he came out he squeezed in between Hernan and I. We lapped
    for some time like this, Hernan car is very wide ;-) until Mihaly was able to get through and make it stick. It took me a couple more laps to get by Hernan, but from
    there I couldn't catch Mihaly up.

Cheers everyone, so good!!!
    between me and Hernan.
    Understeer, you SEE the tree you crash into. Oversteer you HEAR the tree you crash into.

Hutch is offline Michael Kolar

Results posted, and standings updated!
    Last edited by Hutch; 10-30-2017 at 09:06 PM.
    Christopher Snow and kcheeb like this.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

mms
    mms is offline Mihaly Marton

I didn't have much time to practice for this race, so I didn't have any expectations. I was a bit surprised to qualify 3rd, even more when I found myself leading the race after the disastrous start of Chris in front of me. But with Ken on my back half of my time I was watching him in my mirrors for the first few laps. He was faster in some sections, slower in others, it was really intense. We switched positions a couple of times until he went to the pits. I continued for some more laps, and mowed some grass when trying to figure out how many more laps I had fuel for. Decided to pit right away, and somehow managed to come out between Hernan and Ken. With fresh tires I was somewhat faster than Hernan, but he was defending well, sliding quite a bit around, it was fun to watch from behind. We were side-by-side several times, and I finally was able to pass him when he made a mistake in the final turns. Soon I saw Ken closing in, but the checkered flag saved my second position.

This was a very technical track, I struggled with some corners, I learned during the race how to take Church almost flat-out by following Ken The final turns are still a mystery, could not get my breaking point right, either slowed down too much or almost blew it, many times I took the chicane sideways, on the limit of loosing it. It must have been funny from Ken's car seeing me struggling in those turns lol.

Anyways, another great race, thanks everyone, and gratz Chris, you got some crazy lap-times!!
    Christopher Snow, kcheeb and Hutch like this.

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
    Hummm that's strange. I watched it and all was good, so I just zipped it and uploaded.
    Does it freeze during the server download or within AC? I just checked from another computer, and I can download the file here.
    It locked up right after the race and again the next morning, but then DL'ed just fine later in the day--go figure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast