Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Post Your Setups In This Thread

Troy Dalton is offline KEEP CALM and SIM RACE

Default Fuji

Fuji Setup
    Attached Files Attached Files

DaveS is online now Dave Slee

DRM Albi BMW 320 setup

I'm just getting the hang of this mod myself, I tried using ReelFeel with it and after a bit of testings with the settings didn't really like the way the car felt so I'm just using the standard steering settings. One thing I've found at Albi is the pit garage area is really tight so you need to have your steering lock set quite high, I've got mine at 18.5 which makes the car quite twitchy. You need to let the tires warm up for a couple of laps and to pay attention to the rev's as to when the turbo is going to come online.

Here is a setup for the BMW 320 Turbo at Albi my best so far is a 1:09.3 - BMW 320 Turbo Setup
    Last edited by DaveS; 07-13-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

davidan is online now David Anderson

thanks for sharing Dave.

corsa is offline Eric Elliott

I haven't tried the mod yet, but reading the documentation it sounds like Real Feel doesn't feel so good with this mod, but it sounds like Leo's does, and it comes with some Leo's config info, so that's probably what I'll try.
    Eric Elliott
    Terrapin Racing #224

Troy Dalton is offline KEEP CALM and SIM RACE

Default DRM Revival

Car: Ford Capri Turbo
    Track: Albi 1967
    Fast Lap: 1:05.231

Patrick Spence is offline grieverr

The default set on the Porsche seems pretty decent. Once you get the tires warmed up and don't overdo it, it feels pretty solid. I've got my pb at Albi down to a mid 1:05 so far, might be a little left in it with some tweaks and better driving.

I'm pretty bad when it comes to setting up cars, for iRacing I always had my team member minions help and share their setups with me.

Gary T is offline Senior Dirtbag

Default A-1 Setup

This is my modified Imola setup for the Capri. The gearset still might need a bit of tweaking with fourth gear, could be just a tad taller. At the A-1 I didn't use fifth, stayed in second for all of the slow corners except for T3 (Remus). The keys for a good lap is to cut the curb at T1 as much as allowed in 2nd with neutral throttle, don't brake too late into Remus (first gear) or cut it, be patient through Grosser (T4, again second gear with a steady exit), don't scrub through T6 or T7 and try to be tidy at the last corner, the A-1 (second gear).

I think it is pretty tossable, I turned a 1:29.8 with minimal development on the setup. The fuel and steering ratio will require adjustments for your needs.

Capri A1 R1.svm

Good Luck!

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Default FOR a '66 GTA @ Laguna Seca '67

I'm still planning on driving the Javelin, but with Phil, Russ and Glen all online just a bit ago in the smaller cars, I decided to give the Alfa a look.

Fun little car to drive--I had raced it a little bit before, back in version 1 of the mod (but it seems the old setups would not port over to v1.9), so I started as I usually do--by making it push like a dump truck (so I can stay alive).

After a bit of tweaking, I got the attached setup down to a mid-1:26. Still pretty pushy, so there is room for improvement, but a lot of that comes just with seat time.

Hope someone finds it useful.

CS
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 02-26-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    davidan likes this.

hachi kid is offline Banned

anyone have anything for the '69 Camaro?

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Welcome, hachi.

I don't have anything specifically for that car, no, but I would opine that the single most important setup change to make with any of these big cars (I drive the Javelin) is to lock up the differential--power and coast on the "general" tab page--as much as possible. That means use HIGHER (not lower) numbers if allowed.

I also find advantages to making both power and coast equal to one another, and while I'm no expert on Trans-Am cars of this era, I do believe quite a few teams ran semi-or fully locked differentials in this era. That's what any "limited-slip diff" does--it tries to feed a reasonably even amount of the power to both rear wheels.

Two examples: The Porsche 917 used a differential with "75% locking (both power and coast)" the first three years it was raced...and when they finally turbocharged it, the rear axle was either welded solid, or became a solid axle as a new unit. That would be "100/100/x" in the DRM mod...except that in the DRM mod you can actually only crank even the Porsche 935 up to 50/50/x (I think the mod team does not know this).

Porsche ran similar axles on all their big cars through the 935 and into the 936 era too, I do believe (can't remember offhand about the 956/962s).

The other example would be young Jody Scheckter (F1 World Champion, 1980), who, based on info gleaned from a well known South African racer he admired while coming up through the ranks, welded the rear axle solid...

...even on his little Renault R8!

Point being, locking up the rear makes the car push, but also helps get the power down. With racecars, the whole point is putting the power on the road (otherwise it's wasted)...and so the tradeoff is usually considered to be worth it.

----

Beyond that, I usually also start driving with a full stiff front roll bar...and I'll stiffen the rear bar only to the degree I can handle it. A pushy car, particularly one pushy off throttle, may not be as fast as one that tucks in better...

...but it can also keep you alive when you would otherwise get the car tucking in too quickly. And you can drive it around using more throttle most everywhere too because of that...so it ends up quicker in the long run anyway.

Hope this helps get you started

CS
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 03-21-2012 at 02:31 AM.
    davidan likes this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast