Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Post Your Setups In This Thread

speedracer100 is offline Gabriel Zamponi

1:25.449 itīs really fast for me...I will try your set up and see if it works for me, thanks!

Troy Dalton is offline KEEP CALM and SIM RACE

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer100 View Post
    1:25.449 itīs really fast for me...I will try your set up and see if it works for me, thanks!
    That was a perfect lap, with little care that I might crash. I can't run that pace consistently during a race.

Gary T is offline Senior Dirtbag

Here is my secret formula from Road Atlanta, but no guaranty on what it will be like at Fuji...

IROC RdAtl70 Radial Dry 3.svm

davidan is online now David Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Gary T View Post
    Here is my secret formula from Road Atlanta, but no guaranty on what it will be like at Fuji...

IROC RdAtl70 Radial Dry 3.svm
    Thanks Gary, congrats on the win tonight!!! Heck of a finish there

speedracer100 is offline Gabriel Zamponi

About fuji : I must say I donīt know how to set up the car in this track ...I īm really having troubles at first corner , best time by now around 1.44.xxx ....very very far from Ai cars...
    Last edited by speedracer100; 07-02-2011 at 02:48 PM.

laloha is offline Larry Hansen

I just took the time to see if I could get this P&G up and running and looks like it might be OK.

I don't expect to attempt to join the Histtorics at this late date and the Fuji looks like it would not be a track to start with.

Anyway, here is my question. Where are the setups once I have one that seems workable?, and where would I place a setup, (an .SVM file) that was obtained here from someone with talent that is willing to share? VERY NICE BTW and appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by laloha View Post
    I just took the time to see if I could get this P&G up and running and looks like it might be OK.

I don't expect to attempt to join the Histtorics at this late date and the Fuji looks like it would not be a track to start with.

Anyway, here is my question. Where are the setups once I have one that seems workable?, and where would I place a setup, (an .SVM file) that was obtained here from someone with talent that is willing to share? VERY NICE BTW and appreciated.
    Put them in your : "(wherever you installed GTR2)\GTR2\UserData\(player name)\Settings\(track name)" folder. They should then show up in the game when you open that particular track/setup folder. Load them and have at it. Pay some attention to the steering ratio setting that comes with each setup, it might not match up to your own wheel settings or feel that you prefer.

There are a few more setups over here:
    http://cmsracing.com/champion/forums...-Porsche-setup

Welcome Larry! Have fun!
    Last edited by Gary T; 07-07-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Yes I might expect this is the same as rfactor, however, I do not have a personal folder with the same (Settings) with the Treacks etc. Something is amiss it would seem.

When I enter a track for either practice or a race with the AI my name comes up in last place, generally, but it's there is what I mean. Don't understand why this doesn't complete as should.

Well, at least I understand and now to find cause for this dilemma.

Thanks, Gary

Larry

Hmmm....I'm running XP still, not sure how Vista or 7 handles installs (not sure which OS you are on), but it might be an issue with admin rights and where you are installing the game. I read somewhere sometime ago that it ought to be installed outside of the Windows folder. It could be that your player folder was installed in My Documents somewhere...dunno. I have mine on another partition, so it looks like the same basic structure as my rFactor install. Sounds like a reinstall might be in order, hope you get it sorted.

Edit: It looks like others have had this issue, are you running a 64 bit OS?

http://www.nasasimracing.com/homepag...s/11670?page=2
    Last edited by Gary T; 07-07-2011 at 10:55 PM.

I looked at the site, above, Gary, and problem was the same. After looking at all three of my installs, all do not have the UserData folder with all the trimmings as we should have. So tried right clicking on the application icon then clicked "Run as administrator'. That did it. All in there as should be. Problem solved.

Thanks for your assistance, Gary.

Larry

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast