• 4 Post By Hutch
  • 1 Post By Hutch
  • 1 Post By AngeloRacer
  • 1 Post By Swordsman
  • 1 Post By kcheeb

Thread: Fuji Results & Discussion

Hutch is offline Michael Kolar

Default Fuji Results & Discussion

Last edited by Hutch; 10-10-2017 at 05:14 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Hutch is offline Michael Kolar

Lap one incident aside (which the replay shows was not a cut-and-dried punt), there was some high quality racing done out there tonight- congrats to our finishers at one extremely difficult combo!

Unfortunately I wasn't one of them- I didn't spend enough time practicing with full fuel load, and pushed off the track in lap one. Restarted and still had some fun turning laps- these cars are crazy intense and demand total concentration, which is a challenge I enjoy.
    kcheeb likes this.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Apart from lap 1, that was a bit messy, the rest of the race for me was as good as it gets.
    I think I understeer into Michael a little bit, and lost the car with the touch. Luckily only me got the worse of it.
    I recovered fast, and went on.
    Amazing how those cars consume you. Its a mental challenge above all.
    I think the track was a bit too dificult...since most of us dont have time to do proper practice.

But I had a race long battle with Ken, really awesome stuff. We had all. Chase and fight.
    Fight for position with this cars, on this track, side by side, and get away in one piece is a achivement itself. It happened a few times.
    In the end Christopher catched us after his problems, and he was just too fast. I made a small mistake and lost them, but recovery well in the last 3 laps. Then Ken had an off, and I was 2nd surprisingly catchin Chris.
    I thought I could have a go on the last lap, but the last lap never happened, because was the checkered...lol. I was actually mad at that!!

Man, how a missed old F1. This is just great.

Too bad we cant get drivers to join us.

There is so many things to try in AC on the historics side, but right now I would love a event with the small Lotus 25. Open wheeler feever.
    kcheeb likes this.

Swordsman is offline Patrice Cote

Sorry guys couldn't make it on time last night. The track is really something, it didn't seemed that difficult to me after a few laps of practice. But trying too push real hard and bang the tracks gets you every time.
    kcheeb likes this.

kcheeb is offline Ken Baldwin

I haven't watched the replay yet, but that battle Angelo and I had from the half way point on was intense!
    Thank's again for that, great car awareness, respect and trust! There was more than one occasion we were
    side by side in some places where tears could have been shed and yet not a scratch, So good!

I somehow managed to find some pace in the race, which was lacking in practice and qualy. But I new Angelo
    and Christopher were back there and it would only be a matter of time, which it was. About the half way point
    Angelo was on my bumper, so I ducked into the pits for rubber and a splash, when I came out, I was on his
    bumper and the battle ensued.

This was a real challenge, from a driving technique perspective and even more so from a focus perspective. You
    just couldn't let your mind wander, sadly I could only do that for 55 minutes. Not sure if I could have held
    Christopher off for another lap, but it would have been fun trying.

Thanks for setting this one up Michael and to those that decided not to race, you missed out!!!

Cheers
    AngeloRacer likes this.
    Understeer, you SEE the tree you crash into. Oversteer you HEAR the tree you crash into.

Hzamora is offline Hernán Zamora

Sorry I couldn´t race this event, I wasn´t in good shape to do a decent race, came to my house just 10 minutes before qualy and decided not to show because I was so tired from work and I was sure that I was the slowest of the pack, but I´m in for a possible championship.