Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Donington Results & Discussion

Hutch is offline Michael Kolar

Default Donington Results & Discussion

Last edited by Hutch; 01-07-2018 at 11:09 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

I dont think this track was good for this car. At least for me, I didnt particulary enjoy it.
    Car was much more pleaseant to drive at Spa or old Monza, and suddenly a pig at this Donington Park.

I didnt had much fight either, Hernan pushed me out right on the first lap, and I was chasing after that, being slower than the ones ahead. So not much chance.
    Manage to jump Mike on the Pit stop, finishing 4th.

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Why is it that in AC I can set my wheel rotation to 900°, yet it's like the sim keeps reverting to about 360° (and yes, I have the auto adjust stuff off)

It's truly disappointing to me that I cannot adjust wheel lock in this sim.
    It becomes this gamble, where I have to gamble on whether the car is setup properly to begin with by the devs or mod makers or whoever. Some cars are ok...but others, not so much.
    It doesn't lock my wheel setting to 360°. I can still turn the wheel beyond that point. But the wheels on the actual car are at full lock at 360°...which basically made this car uncontrollable for me. I messed with this a few times during the week, but it's the reason I didn't have any practice in. I just cannot get a feel for the hyper reactive steering needed with 360° rotation in a car that should have far more. No forgiveness, no range. Feels horrible, like trying to drive with a gamepad.

Anyone know how to adjust some of this stuff in AC?
    It's beginning to be a deal breaker with this sim. I'm all but ready to just never turn it on again at this point.

Im using a G27, and only to AC I use the Logitech profiler to set the wheel rotation.
    From car to car I have to change that.
    For the 25 I used 900º.
    The ingame steering rotation setting, I dont even touch it. It must be something like 370º and I never changed.
    I only use the profiler for that.

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Im using a G27, and only to AC I use the Logitech profiler to set the wheel rotation.
    From car to car I have to change that.
    For the 25 I used 900º.
    The ingame steering rotation setting, I dont even touch it. It must be something like 370º and I never changed.
    I only use the profiler for that.
    900° in my profiler as well (Thrustmaster here, but profiler is basically the same)

Where is this in game rotation setting? I guess I could go looking around, but why in the heck would this car be set to such a low rotation by default to begin with? LOL
    It's not so much the rotation that bugs me. If I could adjust the wheel lock, all would be fine. One can basically achieve the same thing two different ways, or a combination of the two, if one must. But when I don't have that option, I feel like I'm stuck with whatever they toss at me.

This car needs more rotation.
    I feel like I'm either understeering (physically, as in not turning the wheel enough) or I am oversteering (physically, turning wheels too far) and there is no in between because there isn't enough range in the steering.

They feel finicky...like the slightest turn of the wheel tosses the entire car around. Completely different from what I observe watching them on track and completely different from any other similar cars in every other sim I use.

I think the ingame steering rotation goes under the Controls settings. Not difficult to find.
    But on my case the Profiler, apparently, overrides that setting.

Rhino is offline Ray Nelson

Well I looked at the clock at 6:09 and opted to wait a bit before heading upstairs to jump on the server. Then at 7:01 (Pacific Time) I realized I had totally forgotten about the race. I ran upstairs, fired the game up and was able to jump in during the gap between Q and Green. Of course it meant I had no warm up, was guessing about fuel load (I was way too high), but, I was last on the grid so basically I just didn't waste time Q'ing only to end up there anyway. I got through an early dustup without issue and then proceeded to lose ground bit by bit save for the occasional brain clunk-up which really added to the gap. I was trying to stay out of the leaders way after my pit stop and got semi-surprised only once. Wearing the Rift the flags are very high and to my left and easy to miss. Hopefully I haven't damaged relations with anyone with my slightly erratic driving when they came up on me. I enjoy the cars, didn't do much set up wise other than gearing which I am going to use as my excuse for being slow. And they game ran at a 90 fps rate with some minor momentary exceptions when I went farming.....

A question for other Rift users. My game never seems to go above 90 fps - it fluctuates all over 89.9xx which seems odd. I don't have VSync checked. Is there a cap on Rift fps I am not aware of? There isn't a problem because the game is smooth I am just curious if I have any overhead using a i5 3570K (at stock) and a 1060 6 GB video card or if I need to consider some upgrades in the near future....

And as for Lotus 25 or Prototypes, I would enjoy either. And would need setup help with both as well to get better times.

mms
    mms is offline Mihaly Marton

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    A question for other Rift users. My game never seems to go above 90 fps - it fluctuates all over 89.9xx which seems odd. I don't have VSync checked. Is there a cap on Rift fps I am not aware of?
    VR headsets are locked to a specific frame-rate (90FPS for current rift/vive), I don't recall the reason, but that'ts how it is
    Rhino likes this.

Hzamora is offline Hernán Zamora

I´m very sorry for the contact, please forgive me
    AngeloRacer likes this.

Hutch is offline Michael Kolar

I had a fun race, mixed it up quite a bit early on with Brette, Mike, and then a long battle with Patrice until he finally got by and was able to pull away. I quite enjoyed the car at this track- it definitely wasn't thrilled with the hairpins, but other than that it was lively and fun to muscle through all the elevation changes. Having said all that, I wouldn't choose a lot of tight tracks for it, I'm sure it would thrive on more flowing layouts.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast