Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Next Season

Rhino is offline Ray Nelson

My preference would be:
    Prototypes if we can get participation to justify at least 2 tiers all the better.
    Lotus 25 spec
    Any other spec series is always welcome.
    Swordsman likes this.

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

I've been away from the Historic series way to long and haven't spent much time with AC so I think it's time I joined you guys on Sunday nights to get up to speed with AC and have some fun. I'm not sure how competitive I'll be but I'll race what ever is decided.
    Swordsman and Hutch like this.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

I agree with Angelo that a test race for the Lotus 25's would give it equal voice and a fair test, so if that wouldn't be too difficult to set up, count me in there. I'd be more comfortable choosing if I'd raced both cars and not just the prototypes.

I'd be more comfortable with the Ford or the Jag if I had any clue about what the differential setup is in either car--they both struck me (moreso the Jag) as somewhat similar to the open-diff Formula Vee car MNRL is probably going to race in that the back end floats around (and coming to grips with that is the whole secret to driving the car fast--or not). In both the 330 and the 908 you can at least adjust the diff as you think (or know) it really was, and I certainly did that at Laguna with the 330.

What I really want to do most over the winter months is get back to using the H-shifter, clutch and right-foot braking again. I was religiously devoted to it back in the GPL days (to the point of being a constant nuisance about it to everyone else in VROC), but too much auto-clutch/paddle car driving has caused my skills to dwindle away to nothing (that and no longer having a daily-stick driver either). So Historics of any sort are probably still my "go to" choice.

Undecided, ATM between the two.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

I plan to drive in whatever is chosen here as well. So add one more to the list.

My vote is the 25s, but I'll drive whatever.

KingDavid is offline Junior Member

Protos and maybe a porsche rsr cup? Just joined and excited to participate.
    Swordsman likes this.

AngeloRacer is online now Angelo dos Santos

Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
    Any of those are fine with me, can't really choose
    Tell me about it...
    Yesterday I took the 25 for a spin...in the Spa track (modern). Forgot how amazing the car was, thinking "how on earth this car didnt got a season yet?!"

Just now, took both F1s 72D and 312T for a spin on the same track...and dammnn....that is pretty amazing! What a thrill!
    The F1s are in fact easier to drive than the slower Lotus, in my view. They are much more predictable. Slick tires makes a difference.

Assetto´s take on those historic cars are second to none, if not the best of all.

I still voting for the 25....but man, those F1s...we cant forget them.

Hutch is offline Michael Kolar

One more fun run with the Lotus 25 sounds great, I will set it up today!

@Angelo, glad to hear you say that about the F1s, I agree- they are fast but don’t feel inordinately dangerous, unlike the 67’s. I find them really involving, someday we will give them a try and see how it goes.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

I did run ten laps or so at Fuji 68 in the 312T (back when we were prepping for the 67's race) and my initial impression was pretty favorable. No time in the Lotus 72 yet, but I tend to agree with Angelo as a rule where historic content is concerned (we've two have run a fair bit in 70's F1 mods in years past, so I would).

Just in case anyone thought they noticed a trend.... They are right.

The other neat thing about the 312T is that Lauda used it as his baseline in his first book, which is still one of my core references all these years later (I kept misplacing it though, so I recently bought a second copy, which is propping up my keyboard as I type this).

Time for a new Lauda thread, methinks, as he had comments that will apply to Automobilista too (re: Old Interlagos and his "ten toughest bends in F1).
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 01-01-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    AngeloRacer likes this.

Brette Brooks is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    My preference would be:
    Prototypes if we can get participation to justify at least 2 tiers all the better.
    Lotus 25 spec
    Any other spec series is always welcome.

Sorry I missed the test race Saturday. I agree with Rays comments for preference. We can always go back to sedans or GTs in the future.

I will do my best to keep up momentum in the little Lotus. It sounds a lot like Scott Stoddard's BRM from Grand Prix. Same Climax engine perhaps.
    Marc Cohn likes this.

mms
    mms is offline Mihaly Marton

After trying out the Lotus 25 again (in the hopes that I could make the Donington race, which I didn't in the end ) I would slightly lean towards it for the only reason that the immersion in VR is wonderful
    Rhino likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast