• 2 Post By Hutch
  • 3 Post By BA in TO
  • 4 Post By Hutch
  • 2 Post By Swordsman
  • 2 Post By Jason Whited

Thread: Mosport Results & DIscussion

Hutch is offline Michael Kolar

Default Mosport Results & DIscussion

Last edited by Hutch; 03-12-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    mms and Jason Whited like this.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

BA in TO is offline Brent Arthurs

Well that was fun albeit quite sloppy on my part(mistakeriddles run)....things got in the way last week so I didn't fiddle with my setup much and I was hoping for a bit more pace but no dice.
    I heard there were major delays at the border crossings and a few transports had mechanical issues while on route ;-) Hopefully those affected can get their haulers fixed in time for Brands...

Congrats Patrice and Mr.Kolar I was keeping fingers crossed turns 1 2 3 4-5 etc may have caused a BIG mistake and I could catch up.
    Swordsman, Hutch and Jason Whited like this.

An intrepid few made it to Mosport - fortunately Patrice, Jason, and I qualified within a tenth of each other, and it looked like it would shape up to be a great race. And we'd all get a podium finish! Then Brent came back, and made us work for it, LOL!

I got a good start, and held the lead for a whopping 3 corners before touching the grass and sliding off the next corner. I had some good laps here and there, but I can't even count how many times I got two wheels in the grass off T2, for a loss of a second or so each time. Other than 1 spin at Moss, I was fine with the rest of the track, but T2 definitely kept me from making any gains on my own. Still had fun trying to hang out a slip angle that would make Jim Clark proud- I'm gonna get there one day!

Congrats to Patrice, who was properly flying out front!

Ironically, last night's podium finishers are all rewarded with a slight weight gain for the next race, which brings us to:

@ Brent, please post your Steam GUID in the car signup thread. Thanks!
    Swordsman, BA in TO, mms and 1 others like this.

Rhino is offline Ray Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

Ironically, last night's podium finishers are all rewarded with a slight weight gain for the next race, which brings us to:
    And so the trap has been sprung....lol Between working out at the gym and yardwork Saturday, a round of golf Sunday AM and a few more hours of yardwork my arms were dead. Add to the mix a lingering soreness in both neck and right shoulder and it was time for rest.

Swordsman is offline Patrice Cote

It was really close with Jason early on. I kept driving within my limits (which I don't always do...) and got more speed without fighting the car (which doesn't happen often either). The track stayed very slipery for many laps it seems, so I was very cautious.
    Overall it was a perfect run, near perfect I should say. I had a mild spin in T2 with a few laps remaining for good measure.

The key for me was finally dialing the setup for speed and driving confort. I sure hope it's a good sign the remaining races.
    As mentionned by Mike in an ealier post, Mosport and Lotus 25 combo can be pure driving joy. Those long curves show the car at its best.
    mms and Jason Whited like this.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

I had about an hour or so to become acquainted with this car, try to get some kind of setup in order, and then [attempt to] be consistent.

Initially, it didn't work out to well and everything I did to the car made it 100 times worse than it was before I touched it.
    About half hour before the race I hopped over here to CMS and found a setup that (I think) Patrice added to (perhaps the Donington thread?)....can't remember, anyways, it was here and I grabbed it.

Instantly the car was transformed into something far more balanced and driveable. I got a bit comfortable and was ready to get started so I could find a steady pace to settle into.
    That all went the way of the wind when I found myself on the pole ...yikes! Probably the only time I've ever been quite happy about a small grid.
    I didn't want to be out front, I didn't have the balance or the speed (didn't think I did) and I knew it was only a matter of time before I made a mistake.

Had some fun laps battling with Patrice for a time..but, I started locking the brakes more and more frequently and as the race wore on the tires gave way and I found that the car was not quite suitable for an extended stint. It became a handful. Few offs into the grass after losing P1 and quickly thereafter, P2.

Eventually one of those off found me slammed into a barrier quite hard. The car took substantial damage. Now it was even more of a handful and I was all but ready to park it when Brent motored by me. He was alone so I figured I'd stick it out and finish the race, try to see if I couldn't at least make him work for the P3 he was maintaining.

Didn't work out long and I was in the barrier again...damage much worse this time.
    At that point, the ole back was starting to hurt and I didn't see much point in fighting the car any longer so I parked it.

But it was fun while it lasted and being out front with Patrice bidding time was fun (even though I felt out of my element, TOTALLY!)
    Fun little car, but sometimes frustrating. Always challenging though, and for that I like it.

Need to get some more seat time in with these old open wheel cars in AC...never do get to spend enough time tweaking things to my liking and then I come to race and see how much I need to do, try to do it all at once, then kill all my practice time.
    Hopefully, I'll get a bit of training in for the next one and will try to make it as well. Fun racing here....it's just that I'm currently involved in a few championships that run midday on Sundays. The series run full length simulated races. So often times after spending 3 or 4 hours practicing, qualifying, racing those events I'm a bit too tired for the later night race here.

Will definitely try to make it to the next one as well though.
    Congrats to my fellow drivers here and Patrice on the win.

See you guys when I can!
    Swordsman and BA in TO like this.

Race Review:

Start:

No issues

OZ:

2:24 - B. Arthurs 4 wheels off. Caution for gaining advantage.
    2:28 - B. Arthurs 4 wheels off. Warning for gaining advantage.
    2:37 - M. Kolar ran off track, safe reentry. Caution for car control.

Penalties/Warnings Summary

- B. Arthurs Warning
    - H. Zamora NQS&H10​ (Donington)