Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By AngeloRacer
  • 1 Post By Jason Whited

Thread: Assetto Corsa GT Legends. Legal?

AngeloRacer is online now Angelo dos Santos

Default Assetto Corsa GT Legends. Legal?

Guys, I really dont know if this Mod is legal, or not.
    I know that there are public links all over the YouTube, also on Facebook, for anyone who wants to get it.
    Temptation was way too big, and I got it.
    The Mod is absolutely OUTSTANDING! Can only say that.

Cars:

1975 BMW CSL 3.5 IMSA
    1967 Chevrolet Corvette DX Sunray
    1969 Chevrolet Corvette
    1972 De Tomaso Pantera
    1973 Ferrari 365GTB Daytona
    1974 Ford Capri RS3100
    1970 Nissan Skyline GTR
    1966 Porsche 906
    1974 Porsche 911 RSR
    1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe

Last edited by AngeloRacer; 07-01-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    jham and Marc Cohn like this.

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Just snagged both the mod and an add-on track. Probably won't get around to trying it until tomorrow though.

Thanks for the heads-up about it Angelo. For once, it might mean I'm not way behind the curve.

BTW, even though I missed the races, I did also buy the Maserati 250 and the Alfa pack, but unfortunately, I can't seem to get into the Charade server--looks like it might be locked? Can't get onto the other one either (the Alfa server), which is frustrating...but also about par for the course.

Suppose I'll just have to practice for MNRL '75 Monza instead.

Jason Whited is online now Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    Just snagged both the mod and an add-on track. Probably won't get around to trying it until tomorrow though.

Thanks for the heads-up about it Angelo. For once, it might mean I'm not way behind the curve.

BTW, even though I missed the races, I did also buy the Maserati 250 and the Alfa pack, but unfortunately, I can't seem to get into the Charade server--looks like it might be locked? Can't get onto the other one either (the Alfa server), which is frustrating...but also about par for the course.

Suppose I'll just have to practice for MNRL '75 Monza instead.
    Mod isn't legit. Ripped content. It won't be used here. There's another conversation ongoing here...
    Assetto Corsa GT Legends. Legal?

AngeloRacer is online now Angelo dos Santos

Ah, ok Jason. Thanks for the info.
    That sucks...damn.

Iīve got the mod and even ill as Im, coudnt resist do a quick race with each car in the last few days and Im in love. Very well balanced performances.
    Race it online would be fantastic with good drivers.

But well...it is what it is.
    Im a tiny bit surprised that is such ilegal, because I saw it in a YT channel first, and the guy there usually doesnt support piracy or such things. Thatīs why I had hope.

Sorry everyone. I had to ask about it.
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 07-03-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Jason Whited is online now Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Ah, ok Jason. Thanks for the info.
    That sucks...damn.

Iīve got the mod and even ill as Im, coudnt resist do a quick race with each car in the last few days and Im in love. Very well balanced performances.
    Race it online would be fantastic with good drivers.

But well...it is what it is.
    Im a tiny bit surprised that is such ilegal, because I saw it in a YT channel first, and the guy there usually doesnt support piracy or such things. Thatīs why I had hope.

Sorry everyone. I had to ask about it.
    Not generally a discussion I get involved in, but did a bit of digging and noted it missing from RD (that was my first sign it wasn't legit)
    Some more reading and my determination was it was not legit, but that's solely based on chatter.

The line between legit and not so legit is often a bit blurred. Mostly comes down to permissions and giving due credit, or lack thereof either of those, that determines it far as I can tell.

ETA: I wouldn't imagine there's a need to apologize though. No harm discussing it (or even using it off line for personal use, for that matter)
    I'd seen this mod in the past, was going to give it a try, forgot it...remembered it when you brought it here, might still try it
    AngeloRacer likes this.

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Not a followup to this mod, but rather to my passing comment about not being able to login to the Historics Charade server--got it fixed (had Charade installed incorrectly was all).

Fun track, though certainly not entirely as I remember it.