• 1 Post By Walter Röhrl
  • 2 Post By Walter Röhrl
  • 1 Post By Walter Röhrl
  • 3 Post By Walter Röhrl
  • 2 Post By D69-inge

Thread: Round 1 | New Zealand | Historic Championship | CMS DiRT4 2018

Walter Röhrl is offline Lutz Müller

Default Round 1 | New Zealand | Historic Championship | CMS DiRT4 2018

The long awaited 2018 CMS Rally Championship starts at New Zealand - complexity varies from 0-50. Sandy, twisty roads through mostly forest. Soaked wet sand & gravel and a high chance of rain.

This is the itinerary for the first round

A printable version with larger maps can be downloaded here: Roadbook Download

Good luck to everyone and don't forget to choose the right car

IT‘S RECOMMENDED TO JUST EXIT THE GAME AT SERVICE POINTS - OTHERWISE YOU MIGHT GET A DNF!
    Last edited by Walter Röhrl; 02-21-2018 at 01:28 PM.
    D69-inge likes this.

For detailed results of every stage visit: Club Website at Codemasters
    Last edited by Walter Röhrl; 02-21-2018 at 05:09 PM.

RALLY NEW ZEALAND | 2018 CMS RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP | PART ONE

Stage One:
    The championship begins...

Had a nervous start but kept the car on the road. Went a bit to far on the left side and so the car spun on a long straight but didn't suffer any damage.

Stage Two:
    Still being nervous - as usual - I showed a good & clean run. My car felt great , the sky got darker and darkerThe rear went a bit wide at the exit of a corner and I killed a road sign...

Stage Three: Rain! Wanted a bit too much in those wet conditions and overpaced the car in a hairpin...

...and layed the car on the right side but was very lucky as the car slid and got back on all 4 wheels as I moved the front wheels by steering heavily while sliding...

Stage Four: Clean and perfect run heading towards the first service park...very satisfied so far! Car damage not that bad, crew fixed everything within the time limit.
    enamelizer and T.Soovik like this.

RALLY NEW ZEALAND | 2018 CMS RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP | PART TWO

Stage Five:
    Heavy Rain in the twilight right after the service park...but I managed to get through this without any major issues. This is how the car looked like when it was clean...

It's quite difficult to get the screenshot while fire blasts out at the back...

Stage Six:
    Now it's night, dark night! Despite being really tired (Did this stage at 1:30am) I had a good stage...

Stage Seven: The moment the tiredness wins...it makes you being unconcentrated and you simply drive flat out and straight forward although your Co-Driver mentioned there would be a left-1 very soon... So I landed somewhere in that forest and got nice 22s penalty!

Stage Eight: Very nervous after the crash the stage before but with a cool & clean run heading into the second service park!
    enamelizer likes this.

RALLY NEW ZEALAND | 2018 CMS RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP | PART THREE

Stage Nine:
    Very good & concentrated start into the first of 2 long stages. Car feels good, I'm very satisfied so far!

Stage Ten:[/U] Early morning, 11,8km, rain!! Well, seems the rainy stages are no problem for me here at NZE - despite the slippy road I manage to get a clean run.

Stage Eleven: Only 2 stages to go and again my car got fully repaired at the service park. Looks good when it's clean...

...but on a 9km stage in the rain over muddy raods it soon gets quite dirty...!

Stage Twelve: Last stage! High noon! 8,7km! Dry conditions!

Lost my concentration halway through the stage and hit a tree with the co-driver's side...

...but made it to the end! Finish at last!

D69-inge is offline Dag Inge Hansen

The first four stages were too careful, and a bit too slow. If I was to improve, I had to risk more. At stage 5 I had a roll with 4 s recovery penalty. Despite of this I came in second place on the stage! Stage 7 was my best, where I won! That's where Walter was unlucky, and I had a lead that I maintained for the next four stages as you know. Stage 9 was great except for the last straight/schicane with high speed managed to steer and hit the fence and rotate one turn before crossing the finish.
    https://youtu.be/jFPLJUiOyyA

Walter Röhrl was too fast for me! Had a small lead that was less than 2 sec. at the start of the last stage, but made my biggest mistake, costing 16 seconds. I got up on the road and was doing more mistakes. The next spin cost me about ten seconds. I lost about 25 seconds to the leader, but the leader was only 23,01 seconds in front in the end! I was close to losing second place!
    Last stage:
    https://youtu.be/4eogaYpceLs
    enamelizer and Walter Röhrl like this.

Results are up, see post #2