Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Lutz' & CMS DiRT4 League 2018

Walter Röhrl is offline Lutz Müller

Default Lutz' & CMS DiRT4 League 2018

Hey guys,

as Aaron already made a statement regarding his future in organizing rallies here at CMS, I think it's time to make my statement

I'll take the reins from Aaron and will continue the rally leagues & championships here at CMS.
    As I had planned my 'own' championships with all the information on my website, I'm currently thinking about stopping it and moving the whole thing over to CMS...or a mixture of both...I'm not sure yet!

What I can definitely say is, that there will be a DiRT4 Championship/League beginning in March 2018. This week made clear to me, that my health won't allow me participating in a league (and being competitive) within the next 7-8 weeks.
    There are a lot of questions to be answered the next days and weeks to get the best league possible, but I'm looking forward to taking the challenge!

Here already a little appetizer...the CMS Numberplates for Season 1 - an evolution of the RDRC Season 8 plates with kind approval from Jack Hintz!
    CMS_D4_modern.jpg

Stay tuned...
    enamelizer, bumpkin and D69-inge like this.

enamelizer is offline Aaron DeMarre

Excited to see what you come up with, and I am willing to lend a hand when I can!
    Walter Röhrl likes this.

davidan is offline David Anderson

First of all a huge thanks to Aaron for all his efforts and continued support of CMS over the years!! And Kudos to Lutz for stepping up and into this role.

Ok lads,

here are some thoughts regarding the upcoming leagues/clubs and I'd like to hear your opinion about it. To make it easier to answer, I've numbered all points I'd like to hear your opinion. Maybe I'll update this posting the next days to add some points - if so I'll let you know to keep you up-to-date.
    Would like to get a factual discussion

#1 - Number of rallies: I'd like to do 10 rallies, each location available in D4 run twice (with different weather conditions and difficulty settings). Doubles the duration of a club/league.
    #2 - Number of stages: I'd like to go the full amount of stages possible for each rally. At the moment that's 12 stages. Of course they have different length.
    #3 - Rally length: Should all rallies have nearly the same lenght in total ?
    #4 - Duartion/start of leagues: Every rally should last 1 week (7 days). I'd like to start each rally in the middle of the week, so if you go on (easter) holiday for a week you stiull have the chance to compete in all rallies (if you go from monday to sunday).
    #5 - Service Areas: Very important! I don't have any experince so far and here your opinion & experience is needed! How many km/miles can we go before a service area is needed? I don't really want a service area every 2 stages, no matter what length they have, so that everyone can go flat out and full risk on the second (short) stage as the service is near. To me it's more realistic that drivers must keep in mind how long they have to go until the next service. But which distance - and is it the same for all locations?
    #6 - Classes: I'd like to keep take the classes/cars as I planned on my website - a "modern" and a "historic" league. Both with different stages and the chance for each driver to compete in both leagues. For the next season a poll would be made to see if we change the system/classes/cars...
    #7 - Club settings: What settings should the club have (My opinion in brackets) ? Allow assists? (Yes) Allow exterior cams? (Yes) Hide standings? (No) Event restarts? (No) Stage restarts? (No)

That's all for the moment - take your time and think about it

enamelizer is offline Aaron DeMarre

1 and 2 sound good, no opinion there.
    3) Also no strong opinion, I liked to target 45-60 minutes of driving time for each rally so drivers wern't surprised week to week. But I wouldn't mind varying rally lengths either.
    4) Fine by me
    5) 4 stages seems to be a good middle point, on the nightmare rally I think I did 6 stages, about 50km of driving before service and if you try to save the car you can go that long, but its not easy.
    6) No opinion, I can find enjoyment in any class. But of course the Fiesta R2 is the best car in the game, so that is my favorite class.
    7) I like those settings, but I could definitely see an argument for no assists and no external cams.
    Walter Röhrl likes this.

D69-inge is offline Dag Inge Hansen

The length should be up to 60 minutes effective driving per event. With 12 Stages it's perfect if you also know the average speed of events, you can calculate what total length too. If there are too many irregularities with intervals, you change the focus somewhat I feel. The essence of a rally is good driving, and finding your own limit of driving style. Not about switching between two distinct driving styles. So there shouldn't be any crazy-mode and cautious mode for goodness sake! Keep services at least every 30km. Nightmare'ish numbers and length of stages is just not doing anything good for anyone, especially for the inexperienced. If you go with higher km intervals, let us know where it is, so it's not such a surprise for people. A good setting for club settings is one that most players find helpful, and then newcomers would be happy too.

Do we spread the word and advertise on several sites, or are you only in here talking to the few people here? I would like to give a shoutout to Steam-users and elsewhere?
    Last edited by D69-inge; 01-15-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    Walter Röhrl likes this.

Thanks for your answers guys, I think about it...

@Dag: I'll post detailed information about the championships within the next 2 days - afterwards the word may be spread I think.

Hello again, nice to see you stepped it up after my reply. A question about the markings and number-graphics from the RDRC-league. It was with Dirt Rally, where we could modify the gfx files in the game. It's not said here I guess if this is possible with Dirt 4. Have you been investigating this? Aren't we just supposed to use the nice in-game feature in Dirt 4 where we edit designs?

I did use the editing and modified a few cars in Dirt Rally, (BMW E30-M3, Ford Focus 01, and Lancia Delta S4), but this is just for the aspiring graphics artists who take great pride in designing something unique to show off. I sure did enjoy it because it was challenging and rewarding. But the downside is that it takes a LOT of hours just to get started!

I haven't tested it but I'm pretty sure that times will be uploaded when you use an edited livery.
    CM changed that with the club's update...
    It takes some time to create a livery - depending on what you want to do. But with a bit o practice it gets faster with every livery I do...
    Last edited by Walter Röhrl; 01-16-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Röhrl View Post
    I haven't tested it but I'm pretty sure that times will be uploaded when you use an edited livery.
    CM changed that with the club's update...
    It takes some time to create a livery - depending on what you want to do. But with a bit o practice it gets faster with every livery I do...
    I didn't quite understand that first sentence. What do you mean? Modifying liveries could mean some kind of game-detectable cheat-flag?

In case I want to join your team, then you will do the editing of both player's liveries if we use the same cars I guess?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast