Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: CMS DRCC S4E6: Tar and Ice

enamelizer is offline Aaron DeMarre

Default CMS DRCC S4E6: Tar and Ice

The round features mix of surfaces as the rally starts in southern lowlands on dry tarmac, moves north into the mountains where the tarmac is covered in patches of ice and snow, then continues north where the road surface give way to full on snow. This rally has a bigger variety of surfaces than any other this season, so it should be interesting to see how the drivers manage to transition throughout the rally!

eventID: 183511

Results from Round 6

Standing after Round 6

Full Stage Results: CMS DRCC S4E6: Tar and Ice
    Last edited by enamelizer; 04-12-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Figured since I have had major issues procrastinating running my rallies, I should break the cycle by running first on the road. Overall, on paper I really thought this would be an odd mixture, but the rally flowed a lot better than I was expecting due to the Turini being a great transition between Germany and Sweden.

My approach on this rally was "whaddya got to lose?" and so I just pushed everywhere.

Germany was OK, I never really got on with these stages. I like to rip up the tarmac, but all the junctions are just take away from the flow.

The Turini was very difficult because after so many tarmac Kms, it is really hard to turn it down on the icy parts to not run off the road. I really had to drive slow to make sure I didn't over drive here.

Sweden was just a mess. I was all out of concentration and while I had the most fun here, I also had the most mistakes.

Overall I liked the mix of stages more than I was expecting to. I thought it would be a very jarring transition between the locations, but it worked better (for me at least) than I thought.

Good luck to all the drivers!

Walter Röhrl is offline Lutz Müller

Quote Originally Posted by enamelizer View Post
    The round features mix of surfaces as the rally starts in southern lowlands on dry tarmac, moves north into the mountains where the tarmac is covered in patches of ice and snow, then continues north where the road surface give way to full on snow.
    I don't want to be a smartass, but as a german guy I'm pretty sure that the dry tarmac stages are far more north than the Col de Turini
    Anyway, it's gonna be an interesting challenge...and I'm afraid I'll be the first to set a pace in the historic class, again
    enamelizer and D69-inge like this.

D69-inge is offline Dag Inge Hansen

I was fast but the trick is to brake at the right time for those tight turns, and I misjudged a few. I was only missing left turns strangely!

The 2001 Ford Focus is a nice car, as always I enjoy it's performance, but it's not a true asphalt racing machine. It's too slow in the turns, and it's not as agile as on gravel. I might do better in Monaco and Sweden when there is less grip, or on second thought maybe even worse?!

Hansen69 - CMS DR-league, Event 6 Tar and Ice, A few left turn problems stages 1, 2 & 4 - Plays.tv
    Last edited by D69-inge; 03-27-2017 at 03:24 PM.

wheeler is offline Steen Nielsen

The track racer in me love the tarmac stages of Germany, can accept the ice/snow/tarmac of Monaco and is worried about the icy Sweden...

Germany and Monaco is completed. Not that they are fast, but OK based on my standards. I tend to have one stupid incident on each stage - Optimization required. And general skill improvements - Maybe some practice would help!
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Röhrl View Post
    I don't want to be a smartass, but as a german guy I'm pretty sure that the dry tarmac stages are far more north than the Col de Turini
    Don't worry I am not *that* bad at geography! This more of a "fantasy" rally, and that was my way of explaining why a rally would be on so many completely different surfaces. I was trying to evoke the feeling of moving from a warm southern locale to a cold northern locale all in the same rally.

wheeler is offline Steen Nielsen

Well - It is done! I think I like the snow of Sweden (not that I'm fast - It is just plain fun). And next stop some grippy German tarmac!
    enamelizer likes this.
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

Walter Röhrl is offline Lutz Müller

Started today the tarmac Action...
    First 2 stages went nearly perfect and when I crossed the finish of SS3 it didn't stop...I could go on and on and on...
    After being reset I tried again but no finish... so I pressed Alt+F4.
    Won't start again as I first want to know if it's ok if I do so!?!?!?
    First stage was a perfect 6:16, second a nearly perfect 6:25 and third about 6:40...
    So there's no reason I should have quit the rally...it went perfect for me until the end of SS3.
    I'm just honest, write here what happened and wait for an an answer what to do...
    enamelizer likes this.

svt4cam is offline Steve Carman

First 8 stages are in the books for the Team Fate Rally Focus powered by Weyerbacher brewing. Was having a nice battle with Dag for the first three stages but had a stall under braking on the 4th stage that cost me about 14 seconds. That's the one frustrating feature with full manual is that the car won't kick start when the wheels start turning again. Went on and conquered Monte and strung together some pretty clean runs with very few screw ups other then a little off and stall on stage 8. Not looking forward to Sweden again.
    Pra d' Alart

Vallee descendante
    Last edited by svt4cam; 03-28-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Röhrl View Post
    Started today the tarmac Action...
    First 2 stages went nearly perfect and when I crossed the finish of SS3 it didn't stop...I could go on and on and on...
    After being reset I tried again but no finish... so I pressed Alt+F4.
    Won't start again as I first want to know if it's ok if I do so!?!?!?
    First stage was a perfect 6:16, second a nearly perfect 6:25 and third about 6:40...
    So there's no reason I should have quit the rally...it went perfect for me until the end of SS3.
    I'm just honest, write here what happened and wait for an an answer what to do...
    I am totally OK with you restarting in this situation. Press on!
    svt4cam and Walter Röhrl like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast