Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: CMS DRCC S4E5: Rally of the Argolid

enamelizer is offline Aaron DeMarre

Default CMS DRCC S4E5: Rally of the Argolid

The WRC visits it's only North American stop as it goes to Mexico this weekend, so the DRCC will go to the closest thing we have in Dirt Rally, Greece! The Rally of the Argolid is notable for having only a single overnight service area, so car management will be an issue once again on this round.

Good luck to all the competitors!

eventID: 183510

Round 5 Results

The Rally of the Argolid was a tough, dusty rally that ended up bringing many drivers to their limits as only 16 of the 21 drivers were able to make it to the finish! This rally also say a bit of a drop in turnout, whether from the location, the spring in the northern hemisphere, or just normal attrition that happens in the latter half of a championship season.

Lets get to the results!

Overall

The overall winner of this tough Grecian rally was Daniel Ort, who took his third win of the season! While Daniel took the win, it was not without mistake. In Round 4, Daniel switched from the Ford Focus RS WRC 2007 to the Citroën C4 Rally 2010, using his one car switch for the season. In this round he switched back to the Focus, and since he is only eligible for points in the C4, so did not score points for this rally. While this resulted in slipping from the top spot in the championship to third, he is still very much in the running for the Overall Championship. However he must use the C4 to score points if the overall championship is his goal.

In second, Magnar Haarstadsveen continues to show his speed with a performance that puts him tied for forth in the championship. He finished 15 seconds ahead of the person who shares this tie, third place finisher Dag Inge Hansen. Watching these two battle for the top spots in the championship will surely be exciting and the championship goes on.

Historic

In first place of the Historics championship, Peter G took the top spot of not only the rally but the championship itself. This was no easy win tho, it was battle the whole way with second place finisher Jamie McDonald who finished just 6 seconds behind. In third, Lutz Müller continues to climb the championship leaderboards with his strong finish.

Driver Classes

The winner of CMSRC-1 was the ever-fast Dag Inge Hansen. This season CMSRC-2 has been unexpectedly quiet, and was won by the only competitor in the class this round, Jochen Pahl. In CMSRC-3, it is no surprise that Troy Dalton was once again on the top of this class.

Teams

RMI Motorsport was the top team this week, scoring 38 points with Dag Inge Hansen taking third overall and Roy Magnes taking sixth overall. But Team Fate was right on their heels scoring 35 points with Troy Dalton's fourth place and Sean Jordan's seventh place. While there was only three points separating them this week, every single point is huge in the battle as only four points now separate them!

Standings after round 5

Last edited by enamelizer; 03-25-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Walter Röhrl is offline Lutz Müller

With only 1 Service Point halfway the 12 stages it could become a "Puncture Party"

But that's the challenge!!! I'll give it a try tomorrow evening...
    Troy Dalton and enamelizer like this.

svt4cam is offline Steve Carman

Uuuugggghhhh, Just got used to flinging the Opel around Greece for RDRC now I gotta relearn 4wd.

Quote Originally Posted by svt4cam View Post
    Uuuugggghhhh, Just got used to flinging the Opel around Greece for RDRC now I gotta relearn 4wd.
    For me it's the other way round
    enamelizer, blutank24 and svt4cam like this.

Troy Dalton is offline KEEP CALM and SIM RACE

Quote Originally Posted by svt4cam View Post
    Last time out, I was putting the Abarth through it's paces, so I know what you mean. My times have been a little more pedestrian in testing, but as Walter said, with so few service parks, you must take care not to get a puncture.

D69-inge is offline Dag Inge Hansen

Got early up to speed in "Rally of the Argolid". After the successful RDRC-event with my Lancia Delta S4, I was eager to get the focus running.

Got a replay of my spins/rolls in the first day from stage 3 and 4 where I lost a bit:
    Play video

This is the image from that roll:

Got a spin also in stage 9, but I was lucky and lost almost nothing.
    Play video too

This is the whole stage replay of the first stage, when the car is good looking and not dirty!
    CMS DR-league, Event 5 Argolid, Stage 1 Ampelonas Ormi (S) - whole stage replay - 3:05,475 Morning/clear
    Last edited by D69-inge; 03-13-2017 at 04:36 PM.

"Acropolis adieú"

Will write the report tomorrow...during my time at the office

Unfortunately, I've forgotten to take my notes with me so I try to remember what happened yesterday at Greece (for me...)

DAY 1:

SS1 was not even 1 minute old and the Kadett went out for s apin already...

Can there be a hugher dismotivating start into a rally????? Don't think so...

The car was feeling quite good to handle and with every corner i felt more confident...

On SS2 and SS3 I had a roll-over each...so all hops of bringing a good result home were gone already...I really hat that greek gravel!!!!

Until the service point I managed somehow to make no more (major) mistakes like spins or rollovers.
    My HUD was like a pinball machine - "Everything is lit"

So at the Service point at least some things could get repaired...a little bit...

As my motivation was at the bottom I decided to continue with the rally...

DAY 2:

SS7 saw me without mistakes, so I did on the following 2 stages. Maybe it's because I simply had nothing to loose and I was convinced, that a stage win in historic class (like I did 3 times at Finland) was definitely out of reach for me.
    And, of course, the car was slowing down massively as the warning lamps went on at SS7 again...

The only thing I remember is, that I had a spin on one of the last 3 stages with already seeing the finish ahead...

The more I drove, the more I learned to steer the car with both pedals at once and with only little steering...

Of course, one last highlight was set on the last stage as I, again, already saw the finish...

It's that R5 over a jump...everyone knows...driven several times before...even in this rally...but I decided to roll over not less than 4 times...

...and was luckily breaked by a tree...unable to recognise where I was...but the car (still) was not totally damaged...

The finish is uphill where those guys stand...

The only thing I'm really disappointed about is, I had no puncture!!!!!!

So, getting it all togehter, I'm glad that this nightmare is over for me and I wish every following competitor the best of luck.
    Happy my car made it to the finish to earn some points for the championship...

blutank24 is offline Troy Uyan

Gah, looks tough from the media posted so far haha

Destroyed the car pretty early on last time out, and based on these pictures, I just want to finish this week!
    Troy Dalton likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast